The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 10th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I'd love to meet you, too.  You remembered correctly that I was looking at the Grand Australia for next year, and I would love to do it.  However, it is still too early in DH's recovery to consider booking the cruise.  

Lenda

27 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Be nice if you could make it. I have booked it .... my present to myself for surviving the BOD at the shelter for 6 years. And actually I had a year off, but was on for 6 years before that. I need a cruise.

Susan

Yes, it would be great.  There are a few of us Dailyites on that cruise, we need more.  🙂  

• Like 6

@Quartzsite Cruiser I think you have me confused with the step family.  I have a brother who is adopted, like me, but we are not related.  After our Dad passed on, my brother spoke less and less to me, and finally stopped talking to me all together. I have a niece and nephew, that I met once, and do email my niece, but that's just to keep tabs on each other.  My brother and I always said we were only children, he would often deny the fact that I was his sister.  We were so different that even our time together was not enough to justify trying to keep up with each other.

In my DNA search I found out I had a half brother, who died, and a half sister, who would not respond to the brother's son, or me.  Guess she wanted to be an only child too. 

DH did get up early, and we went for a walk in the bird sanctuary and for the first time in a year, saw birds!  We were wearing long sleeves and had our vests on, but it was very windy and quite cold.  I was thinking during our walk that I cant remember  being this cold in April in Georgia since the early 80's when it actually snowed 11 inches on 4/11.  It wasn't that warm last year, but this is getting ridiculous, when folks in PA are warmer today than we are in GA.  I keep telling DH that we are in training for our Alaska cruise in May.  Only 23 more days til we fly to Vancouver!  Ship leaves on the 7th.

Boss 3 is now trying to steal me away from Boss 2.  I had emailed Boss 2 last night that I would be going back to Boss 1 this week, and that would not affect my hours with him,. but now boss 3 wants me to start next week with her, she actually wanted me to start in an other campaign this week.  That couldn't happen as I cant work 3 campaigns.  Well I could and I have when I worked in the office, but I guess they feel that someone cant actually do that very well with 3 bosses.....So tomorrow I have to figure out how to tell boss 2, who pays the best that I am leaving him several weeks early.  Without telling him that I am going on vacation, as we feel that might jeopardize Chuck getting released too early.

I was having very good luck with the new inhaler that my pulmonologist had given me a free sample of, however when I went to pick up the actual prescription I was told that it was over 500 dollars, for 60 days, and I walked away without it.  Really?   Maybe the doc can give me a years worth of samples....  The woman in front of us in line walked away after standing a long time without saying anything  and with out her meds, as the cost was over 1200.00.  

business-commerce-pharmacy-pharmaceutical-chemist-medicines-medical_insurance-kkan251_low.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser I think you have me confused with the step family.  I have a brother who is adopted, like me, but we are not related.  After our Dad passed on, my brother spoke less and less to me, and finally stopped talking to me all together. I have a niece and nephew, that I met once, and do email my niece, but that's just to keep tabs on each other.  My brother and I always said we were only children, he would often deny the fact that I was his sister.  We were so different that even our time together was not enough to justify trying to keep up with each other.

In my DNA search I found out I had a half brother, who died, and a half sister, who would not respond to the brother's son, or me.  Guess she wanted to be an only child too. 

DH did get up early, and we went for a walk in the bird sanctuary and for the first time in a year, saw birds!  We were wearing long sleeves and had our vests on, but it was very windy and quite cold.  I was thinking during our walk that I cant remember  being this cold in April in Georgia since the early 80's when it actually snowed 11 inches on 4/11.  It wasn't that warm last year, but this is getting ridiculous, when folks in PA are warmer today than we are in GA.  I keep telling DH that we are in training for our Alaska cruise in May.  Only 23 more days til we fly to Vancouver!  Ship leaves on the 7th.

Boss 3 is now trying to steal me away from Boss 2.  I had emailed Boss 2 last night that I would be going back to Boss 1 this week, and that would not affect my hours with him,. but now boss 3 wants me to start next week with her, she actually wanted me to start in an other campaign this week.  That couldn't happen as I cant work 3 campaigns.  Well I could and I have when I worked in the office, but I guess they feel that someone cant actually do that very well with 3 bosses.....So tomorrow I have to figure out how to tell boss 2, who pays the best that I am leaving him several weeks early.  Without telling him that I am going on vacation, as we feel that might jeopardize Chuck getting released too early.

I was having very good luck with the new inhaler that my pulmonologist had given me a free sample of, however when I went to pick up the actual prescription I was told that it was over 500 dollars, for 60 days, and I walked away without it.  Really?   Maybe the doc can give me a years worth of samples....  The woman in front of us in line walked away after standing a long time without saying anything  and with out her meds, as the cost was over 1200.00.  

business-commerce-pharmacy-pharmaceutical-chemist-medicines-medical_insurance-kkan251_low.jpg

Annie, sorry if I got things confused this morning.  I guess I was not fully awake.

I hope you can work the job situation out with the best possible outcome for both of you.

I'm sorry you left with out the prescription that was working for you.  Drug prices, especially for newer drugs are ridiculous.  The blood thinner prescribed for DH was more than $500 for 30 days.  Fortunately, our PCP said the older, cheaper drug was just as effective.  DH just has to have periodic blood tests to determine if the dosage is correct.  Since we're not going anywhere, that's not a problem.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening Everyone!

Hope all are doing well.  I guess I can celebrate all the days topics today!  I have 2 siblings.  Golf I will celebrate through a Grandson playing.  He is playing for his high school team and is off at a match today.  Doing pretty well for not much experience and borrowed golf clubs!  But he is having fun learning.

We will celebrate farm animals here as we still have a few on the last 3 acres of my Grandparents farm (now our families)  We also have chicks hatching in the incubator (in the extra bathroom, most temperature stable area) today.  Grandsons were quite excited to watch the process.  Once they are all dry and fluffy they move out to the barn.  Grandson Myles was working on names for all the chicks when he was here.  I think Spring is finally here, My tulips are about to bloom and the Lilacs are budding!

IMG-4389.JPG

• Like 14