Umbrella

whitelilly

Also beware that if there is an umbrella, it will be a traditional one, and not one that folds up to a small size.  Because the HAL ones are not really suitable for walking around in a port unless it is actually raining, and can be a problem on many tours, we always bring our own.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I thought only Neptune and Pinnacle suites have umbrellas. My mere veranda on Eurodam didn't have one.

Perhaps. I know I had one in my vista cabins on the Prinsendam, but it was the Prinsendam and so much was a little better on that ship that I can't say if every ship with Vista cabins has one. 

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Also beware that if there is an umbrella, it will be a traditional one, and not one that folds up to a small size.  Because the HAL ones are not really suitable for walking around in a port unless it is actually raining, and can be a problem on many tours, we always bring our own.

We just did the 35 day Hawaii/South Pacific on the Koningsdam and the big orange umbrellas were everywhere in every port. Some used for possible rain but a lot of times they were used for shade.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 2:37 PM, ottahand7 said:

We had one on the Volendam in a Vista Suite.  Our little one we brought from home is much easier to bring on shore, especially on bus tours.  

Never saw anything in my Volendam ocean view cabin on deck 1.  Grand South America in Feb/March