Pub Lunch

tjcletzgo

Was sad to see this go. It was an at sea day treat for this British expat.

At least they seem to be giving up with the pay-for gastro-pub experiment and replacing it with an Irish pub (so I've read) on the Enchanted.

1 minute ago, nzOdy said:

At least they seem to be giving up with the pay-for gastro-pub experiment and replacing it with an Irish pub (so I've read) on the Enchanted.

Don't give up hope.  As noted in a post above, there have been numerous reports from many different ships that the Pub Lunch fare has been served in the buffet on the first Sea Day.  Make sure to check that out.

• Like 2

I agree that the Pub Lunch Experience is not captured when the food is on the buffet.  I also agree with Antsp that it may have been a beer experience that also fed you.  I dont think that you will get a properly poured Guinness in the buffet (and certainly not as fast) as you would in the other area!

Ive never been to an actual pub, so I dont know if they serve their food buffet style, and then you have to search for a seat (hoping for one near a window, or away from noisy kids!)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Somehow I just don't think I can get into a "Pub Experience" atmosphere while at the buffet...

If the Fish and Chips is good, and I have a seat on the Lido deck with a window view of the ocean, I can definitely get in the mood.  Certainly not a "Pub" atmosphere.  But to be honest, 90% of all the Fish and Chips I eat are either takeaway orders at a seaside location, or from a diner-style counter service establishment and not a pub.  So I don't need the pub atmosphere as much as I need a "chippie" atmosphere.

20 minutes ago, antsp said:

I think the pub lunch only existed to sell alcohol in the wheelhouse bar, now most passengers are on drinks packages their is no incentive for Princess to carry it on. 

Seems logical. Only I would say that there is no incentive for Princess to carry on the practice of serving the food in a venue with good beer choices.  There is still incentive to serve the food itself, seeing how Princess has its roots so deeply embedded in the British tradition.  

I am currently on the Island Princess World Cruise.  We have had the Pub Lunch as we knew it pre-pandemic in the Bayou Cafe several times.  Same menus.  I have no way of knowing if this is unique to the world cruise or not.  I have also heard but not seen myelf that there has been fish and chips in the buffet as well.

11 hours ago, nzOdy said:

An Irish pub that serves Scotch eggs 🤣 As my Irish friends say not another plastic paddy pub. (Actually they are not as polite in their choice of words).

12 hours ago, nzOdy said:

Which is a new pay for experiment.

17 hours ago, brisalta said:

An Irish pub that serves Scotch eggs 🤣 As my Irish friends say not another plastic paddy pub. (Actually they are not as polite in their choice of words).

Yeah, I saw a Princess post on twitter with a picture of the new pub, it looks far from what I'd cal ll an Irish pub. Probably another disappointment in pursuit of the shareholder value.

• Like 2