Tender and docked-how long to get off the ship?

Symphony (Oasis class) never tenders.  

As far as docked ports this is subject to local clearance being granted by the authorities but it can be anywhere from 10 or 15 minutes before the published arrival or 10-15 minutes after.   Sometimes they hold passenger traffic on a pier if another arriving vessel is about to thrown their lines to the pier as a safety precaution for example.  

And then, after passengers are cleared to disembark, are ships tours given preference and, if so, then how long do people with private tours need to wait until they can go ashore?

My TA said that we will tender in Naples?  So how long will people with private tours need to wait until they are allowed a spot on a tender?

I am attempting to ascertain when to let private guides know we will be ready to begin our tour and how many hours we will really have available to tour.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Seahorse Lover said:

We are booked on the Symphony Western Med cruise in June.  How long will it take us to get off the ship and join our private tour in docked ports?  In tender ports?

Thank you!

We’ve cruised on Oasis class on seven occasions from Barcelona and never waited more than 30 minutes from docking to be allowed off the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seahorse Lover said:

And then, after passengers are cleared to disembark, are ships tours given preference and, if so, then how long do people with private tours need to wait until they can go ashore?

My TA said that we will tender in Naples?  So how long will people with private tours need to wait until they are allowed a spot on a tender?

I am attempting to ascertain when to let private guides know we will be ready to begin our tour and how many hours we will really have available to tour.

Thank you!

I’m fairly certain your travel agent is incorrect about tendering in Naples.

Thank you for all of your responses. I just called Royal Caribbean and the answer was the same, Naples is a tender port.  The person on the phone suggested I work with guest services once on board the ship to see if they can help us get off in Naples in a timely manner.

I will plan on 30 minutes to disembark in the other, docked, ports. Thanks, Norwich.

We haven’t cruised on anything with more than 600 passengers in a long time so I am prepared for culture shock…..anything for the grandkids!

15 minutes ago, Seahorse Lover said:

Thank you for all of your responses. I just called Royal Caribbean and the answer was the same, Naples is a tender port.  The person on the phone suggested I work with guest services once on board the ship to see if they can help us get off in Naples in a timely manner.

I will plan on 30 minutes to disembark in the other, docked, ports. Thanks, Norwich.

We haven’t cruised on anything with more than 600 passengers in a long time so I am prepared for culture shock…..anything for the grandkids!

We think you've been given some bad info.  We caller the RCL office in Frankfurt and were told exactly the opposite.  Naples is not a tender port.  Oasis class ship do not tender.

• Like 1