Sky Princess

Princess123

Very disappointed that Princess has just notified us that there is a marathon in Rotterdam on the day Sky Princess visits on 21st April.  We have only been notified tonight, less than five days before sailing, which is past the cut off date for cancelling pre-booked shore excursions.  I find it extraordinary (and unlikely) that Princess has only just become aware of the fact that a marathon is taking place that day.  It states that shore excursions will leave from 3.45pm.  This is ridiculous and refunds should be offered immediately without penalty.

I'm quite certain that you will be able to cancel your excursion once on board.  We experienced the same thing in Newport, RI a couple of years ago...we didn't even find out about it until we were on the excursion (basically a walking tour).  We thought it very entertaining to watch...

On 4/11/2023 at 5:07 PM, Princess123 said:

Very disappointed that Princess has just notified us that there is a marathon in Rotterdam on the day Sky Princess visits on 21st April.  We have only been notified tonight, less than five days before sailing, which is past the cut off date for cancelling pre-booked shore excursions.  I find it extraordinary (and unlikely) that Princess has only just become aware of the fact that a marathon is taking place that day.  It states that shore excursions will leave from 3.45pm.  This is ridiculous and refunds should be offered immediately without penalty.

wow that would annoy me as well.  I guess the shore excursions folks need to do more research.

On 4/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm quite certain that you will be able to cancel your excursion once on board.  We experienced the same thing in Newport, RI a couple of years ago...we didn't even find out about it until we were on the excursion (basically a walking tour).  We thought it very entertaining to watch...

I think excursion cancellation dates have changed in recent years 😑

On 4/11/2023 at 2:07 PM, Princess123 said:

It's not a secret a race is taking place. Do your research for ports, and you would have found this out on your own.