in-suite mini-bar

ikelmay

Hi there, we're taking a first Regent cruise later this year and I'm seeing different information about in suite options for drinks.  We are in a standard verandah suite, so once on board are we able to request alcohol other that the stated water/soft drinks/beer in the fridge?  I was thinking either having a bottle of wine available in-cabin for sailaway or something like a bottle of rum to go with a soft drink.  The website mentions replenishing the fridge contents, but doesn't tell me anything else.  I've been trying to find a 'newbie' first time cruiser thread but without much luck.

Thanks in advance for any input.

19 minutes ago, ikelmay said:

Hi there, we're taking a first Regent cruise later this year and I'm seeing different information about in suite options for drinks.  We are in a standard verandah suite, so once on board are we able to request alcohol other that the stated water/soft drinks/beer in the fridge?  I was thinking either having a bottle of wine available in-cabin for sailaway or something like a bottle of rum to go with a soft drink.  The website mentions replenishing the fridge contents, but doesn't tell me anything else.  I've been trying to find a 'newbie' first time cruiser thread but without much luck.

Your suite steward/ess can easily provide 2 bottles of your preferred libation...such as the rum you mentioned plus a bottle of wine......replaced as you consume them.  Just let your steward/ess know your preference when you meet him/her on embarkation afternoon.   Your selections will be there when you return after dinner.

1 hour ago, ikelmay said:

If you booked through a TA ask him or her to contact Regent and have the bottle of your choice in your cabin.  That worked for me.  But if not, just ask your cabin steward as mentioned. 

On a recent Splendor cruise, I asked the stewardess for a bottle of Jim Beam bourbon for our cabin.  She came back a little later and apologised that they didn't have any Jim Beam.  Would a bottle of Bulleit bourbon be a suitable replacement? (For non-bourbon afficianados, Bulleit is a high end most excellent bourbon that I'm usually too cost conscious to buy for myself on shore.)

• Like 2

Because of all the covid rescheduling, I can't remember when I requested Non-Alcohol Gin, but was in at our cabin this December when we arrived.

You can email or call Regent with your request (make it at least 2 months prior to cruise) for what you want in your mini bar. Yes, two bottles or spirits or wine, what beer (they will change your request if the brand you ask for is not on board in cans) and what soda/mixer.  We usually get a nice bottle of sherry and a bottle of wine.  You will need your booking number and sail date.  They will usually have you set up before you arrive, if not just let your steward know what you have requested.

Phone number on your booking or email

guestrelations@rssc.com

• Like 1

The room stewards do pay attention to what you take from the mini bar.  Last June I joined the Voyager in Barcelona after a rough flight from DC via Paris, they delayed and then cancelled the flight on the first day and then were delays getting to the ship on the day she sailed (they also left my luggage in Paris and it took two days to get to the ship).  I was a bit dehydrated when I got to my cabin so I drank two beers and the complete bottle of filtered water.  The room steward noticed this and the cabin was supplied with an extra bottle of water for the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

I usually write down what I would like in the fridge and give the note to the steward when I meet him or her. Helps them if you are requesting a specific wine that they might not be familiar with where spelling might be tricky. I also remove everything I don't want and leave on the counter.

We also leave notes for the room steward as the cruise progresses, for any special requests.  It works really well.  Also they can provide you with both still and sparkling water in the large bottles, or you can ask for Pellegrino or Perrier if you prefer.

• Like 1

We requested Gin and Whiskey, only Whiskey in the suite on arrival but spoke to room attendant and the gin appeared that evening. What really impressed me was I requested a specific Pale Ale from a Miami brewery and they got it so top marks to them!!! 😁

We did some over nights at hotels.  Always told the room steward so he did not have to worry about cleaning our room.  He always provided us with a bottle of our favorite wine and a bottle of vodka to take with us.  Going to a beach.  Want to toast with champagne.  Ask for a bottle to take with you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, janecambridge said:

These bottles of whisky, gin etc, are they the small airline type? 

We did 40 nights on Navigator last summer.  The bottle in my cabin was a Liter.  That was replenished when it got close to the end without me even asking.  Then about a week before the end of the cruise, as my liter bottle was nearing the end, they put a 750 ml bottle in for me.  I asked the Cabin Steward who told me that once the bottle is in the cabin it can't be reused so since I didn't open it I took it with me as we were visiting friends for a week.

So...nope...no little bottles! 🥃😎

• Like 2