Cancel a Cruise for Lack of Interest?

amyoscar

As first time Sea Dream cruisers, we were wondering if SD ever cancels trips for lack of bookings. We are booked (have been for ages) on the October 21st cruise from Pireaus to Malaga. The price was just reduced to $4199 for GTY. It seems to us like they are having trouble filling the ship. Has anyone had an experience with SD where they cancel a cruise for lack of interest? I hope this isn't too dumb a question! Thanks for your help.

amyoscar

From personal experience (two times) Sea Dream will charter a lightly booked ship within four months of cruise departure.

Just speculation, but I've never heard of a cancellation for "lack of interest" --crew has to be paid anyway. and the ship has to be moved to the beginning point of the next cruise. I know of people who have been on Sea Dream when a cruise was only half booked and the cruise went on.

Good luck.

FT

On our SD 2 cruise in November we were two of about 40 folks on board for the repositioning from West Palm to STT. It was a wonderful experience:cool:

I agree with FT that the expenses for the cruiseline remain the same ... and even a very light sailing still helps to pay the bills for the cruise line.

Archived