upgrade?

kilndude

10 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

They do not give complimentary upgrades. You will not lose your RU2 deal.  I've gotten "upsells" and the deal from the original offer do not change, only the cabin.

Thank you for confirming I would keep my rate code.

My cruise is still 6 months away so I think I'll hold off on the upsell for now.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:21 PM, my kids mama said:

Congrats on the offer, whether or not you choose to accept it.  I am curious how they decide who to offer upgrades too.  Why would they offer an upgrade to a family harbor area to 2 adults traveling together instead of people with kids.  That tells me it's either random, or there aren't very many kids on this cruise. What are your thoughts? 

Upsell offers are based on cabin type and location.  They want to move unfilled rooms and resell your assigned stateroom to someone else for more money.  If you booked a connected room and you are not linked to the other cabin, they may offer an upsell so they can resell the connected set to a family 

On 4/12/2023 at 5:30 PM, kilndude said:

Can move from a ocean veiw to a family harbor for 108.00 is it worth it? is there a lot of kids in this area ? its on the celebration.

Why on God's green earth would you think that the "Family" Harbor area would not have a lot of kids there?  It's full of kids even when they are supposed to be in school since parents these days think nothing of taking their kids out of school to go on a cruise.  Even if they paid me 108.00, I would turn it down.

• Like 3

You need to be very careful and confirm specifically if that rate INCLUDES the R2U deal.  Very often an upgraded offer may not.  You do NOT automatically get all the same things (drinks on us, OBC, etc) with an upgrade offer that you had with your original booking, many times it is quite the contrary. 

Each new rate carries its own specific rate details and what is included or not included.

Many people have "lost" a benefit of their previous booking not realizing this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wemjam said:

You need to be very careful and confirm specifically if that rate INCLUDES the R2U deal.  Very often an upgraded offer may not.  You do NOT automatically get all the same things (drinks on us, OBC, etc) with an upgrade offer that you had with your original booking, many times it is quite the contrary. 

Each new rate carries its own specific rate details and what is included or not included.

Many people have "lost" a benefit of their previous booking not realizing this.

I know it's like that when you initiate the change, but is it still that way when Carnival initiates the change?

Someone posted earlier in the thread that they experienced the upgrade that Carnival offered and didn't lose anything.

Bottom line though as you mentioned you should double check and be careful before accepting the upgrade.

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I know it's like that when you initiate the change, but is it still that way when Carnival initiates the change?

Someone posted earlier in the thread that they experienced the upgrade that Carnival offered and didn't lose anything.

Bottom line though as you mentioned you should double check and be careful before accepting the upgrade.

Yes, even when they initiate the change.  Again, it all comes to down to booking codes.  

I wouldn't take the chance and loose the drinks on us without making absolutely sure.  

Usually it may just be you pay the difference and get the same room with all the perks upgrades they offer usually work that way, but better safe than sorry 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, excitedcruiser said:

deck 9 midship balcony

Double check what is above and below you- at Deck 9 you could be in for a rude awakening every night when they move the deck chairs and clean the Lido deck.