So Confused.....?????????

kjwinston2019

I was sent a new announcement that Celebrity as of April 21 has changed the 2 bottles of wine back to "per Stateroom" NOT "per pesron". But, I know that there is so much fake news out there. Please if you are a TA let us know which is true, I went to the web site this morning for FAV Questions and on the web site (Celebrity) is say still per person. I hate buying wine to just see it go. We travel in about 20 days on the eclipse and my Guest Summary with ALL the legal stuff says 2 per Guest. Web site says 2 per guest, what the heck is the real story? Need help for you pros! 

aaa001.png

• Haha 3

When in question I always send clients a pdf of the page from the Cruise website that details their rule, it includes the date at the top the information is downloaded.  That is taken with them for their cruise, even when there has been confusion about what is the most current information having that saved any problem.  Good luck!  By the way, when I checked this morning per the website their official current policy posted is per person not per stateroom.

When in doubt, split up during the security check.  You go through one line with your two bottles and your partner goes through another line with their two bottles.  We did that back in the day when Celebrity clearly stated two bottles per stateroom.  Yes, we cheated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've seen others comment on this on the Celebrity Eclipse FB group with most of the posts mentioning Australia specifically.  I did not get the same e-mail even though I am on the Eclipse in less than 30 days (I believe the same cruise as you) and can't find the same reference in any of my documents/e-mails.  My eDocs still say 2 bottles per person (page 8 of the eDocs).  Celebrity's website (at least the US version) still says 2 bottles per person.

3 hours ago, prmssk said:

I've seen others comment on this on the Celebrity Eclipse FB group with most of the posts mentioning Australia specifically.  I did not get the same e-mail even though I am on the Eclipse in less than 30 days (I believe the same cruise as you) and can't find the same reference in any of my documents/e-mails.  My eDocs still say 2 bottles per person (page 8 of the eDocs).  Celebrity's website (at least the US version) still says 2 bottles per person.

Same as me.

1 minute ago, kjwinston2019 said:

Same as me.

Then where are you getting your information that Celebrity has changed back to two bottles per stateroom?  Can you post the announcement you received and where you received it from?

4 minutes ago, kjwinston2019 said:

This is what was sent to me from another Passenger????

aaa001.png

Looks like old language, especially considering the last paragraph references the Xpedition but not Celebrity’s new Galápagos ship, the Flora. I’m sure the policy would be the same for both those ships. 

I’m following what is listed in my cruise contract which also happens to match what is currently on Celebrity’s website. 

• Like 1

I don't even see why there's any debate, you try to bring on 2 per person and you'll probably just get it on, worst case the xray tech will cite the outdated 2 per stateroom and you request they call a supervisor.  That's all there is to it.  Also, the WORST thing one can do is bring unwanted attention to yourself by talking to the XRay tech; be sure to resist the urge to ask them about the wine

I received letters pertaining to updates to our Cruise Ticket Contract for cruises after April 21, 2023.

I have clicked on the links and no where do I see anything about alcoholic beverages policy.

Mostly a lot of what Celebrity is not liable for.

Using the current Celebrity website.  Go to FAQ's and search for Alcohol policy which directs you to the guest conduct policy which has the statement.

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) 750 ml bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. "

Celebrity always points you to the website for the latest policy information.

Of course this guest conduct policy says it was last updated January of 2021 but we all know this policy changed to this current wording late last year or earlier this year.   I wish they would update their "last updated" date when changing document.   Document control 101!

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t see anywhere in this that it was supposed to take place as of April 21. Where did that idea come from?

We received two emails from Celebrity this week with the new terms and conditions of their contract. It states that you can only take two bottles per stateroom, not per passenger. The extract above is the same one we received. 

This is effective for all cruises departing from 21 April. The departure date, not the booking date determines the state of play although I find it interesting they can change a contract retrospectively. Must be a clause buried in the paperwork giving them the right to do so.

We’re in Australia but I assume the new rules are the same for everyone. Having written that, there are other anomalies. I was under the impression (from threads on this board) that there was an all day charge for room service. Our contract states no charge for room service unless it’s after 11.00pm and before 6.00am. 

The second email was an update to the updated terms and conditions that stated Celebrity is not liable for IT pricing glitches backdated to December 2020! 

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes the Australia contract is way different and does include the old language.  It looks out of date.   The US contract has no mention of the Alcohol policy at all.  It's in the guest conduct policy on the website.

It is the current version for Australian passengers so I doubt it’s out of date. However parts  of the email look like a bad cut and paste job with whole paragraphs repeated twice. Plus the update to the update. 

I’m not sure how things will work once we’re on board with the rules for passengers from one country being different to passengers from other countries.

It also feels like some of the  new rules have been introduced in response to issues raised on CC in recent months. For example pricing glitches not being honoured. 

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't the one in force, I was just saying much of the wording looks like it has not been updated like the US one.   For example like someone pointed out only the Xpedition is mentioned and nothing about Flora.

Have you looked for the FAQ I quoted on the Australian Celebrity site?   Bottom line I don't think you would have any issues with 2 bottles pp.