oops

ChatKat in Ca.

11 hours ago, juicyjuju said:

Hi Keith I checked the date and we were on June 13th to 19th approximately. I also randomly remember when we were docked in Seattle I was talking to Phil on the pool deck about his wife being pregnant and he was looking forward to the new baby 

But not “my” Phil! 😎

I was in awe of how grown-up your daughter was (and of your DH’s socks).

4 hours ago, May B said:

Ours was in June, so evidently they did do it twice! It was called West Coast Wayfarer! Voyage 6311, per the Big Dog web site. I can find that, but not my Crystal invoice, for some reason.

I remember I was so excited to find a short cruise on Serenity, after loving Symphony in June of 2015.

That must’ve been when we visited Pike’s Market, the only time I ever saw that fish-throwing extravaganza.

It was a Distinctive Voyage, but we missed the shore excursion, b/c we spent the day in Victoria with a friend of our travel companion. 

Loved all the ports. First time for Anne Marie to visit Seattle and we also saw the flying fish.

I had been there numerous times on Business but it was nice to be there for pleasure on the cruise.

Keith

One of the things I have loved about West Coast Itineraries is the ability to walk off the ship and go wherever your feet want to take you.  In SF, you walk off and are at the Embarcadero, In Seattle, you can walk to Pikes Market or even the Space Needle or to Nordstrom;'s Flagship. In Astoria, you can walk to the Downtown area. Victoria, you can also walk to downtown.  It's great if you want to go for lunch at a local place and there is no pressure to do a tour.  I know some of the areas are not as "safe" as they were Prepandemic, but still possible.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

In Seattle, you can walk to Pikes Market or even the Space Needle or to Nordstrom;'s Flagship.

Maybe.  Depends on which terminal Crystal will be using for their stop.  If they get Pier 66, then yes, you are right downtown.  If Pier 91, then you aren't walkable unless you like traversing an industrial port area, plus other obstacles.

10 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Maybe.  Depends on which terminal Crystal will be using for their stop.  If they get Pier 66, then yes, you are right downtown.  If Pier 91, then you aren't walkable unless you like traversing an industrial port area, plus other obstacles.

I've done 6 West Coast Cruises and never had the opportunity to be at Pier 91.  Unless they change the next one, It won't matter because Seattle is not on the itinerary anyway

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 5:50 AM, May B said:

But not “my” Phil! 😎

I was in awe of how grown-up your daughter was (and of your DH’s socks).

Oh he has quite the sock collection! He will be chuffed you noticed 🙂

• Like 2