Travel Keurig

jennifereisme

2 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

Wait, Princess doesn't have coffeemakers in their staterooms?! We usually cruise NCL and are used to being able to make coffee when we first get up. We're booked on our first Princess cruise in December and, if not, this will be an adjustment. Is the tap water really hot enough to make instant? I don't like the coffee NCL gives us to brew in the stateroom (or that at hotels, for that matter) so, on the recommendation of another CC member, I recently purchased these to add to hot water (from the in-room coffee maker) and they're quite good:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4LWFKG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I haven't been on my Princess cruise yet, but we were in a balcony on NCL Breakaway a week before Christmas and did not have a coffee maker in the room (I was sad but knew it wouldn't be there in advance). So it's not fleet wide for NCL to have coffee makers in the room, just FYI. 

On 4/14/2023 at 9:23 AM, fabby50 said:

I am usually up by 4:30 or 5, so room service at 6 to 6:30 is a little late.

You can order coffee 24/7 on your TV or through the ap. Especially that time of morning I’ve found it to be pretty quick. 

I sailed on the Diamond Jan 31, 2023 to Mexico out of LA. There was a hot pot in our suite. Now granted it was the 1300 plus square foot Grand Suite but I’ve never had a hot pot in other Grand Suites (or vistas, premium, penthouse or owners) 

Heres some pictures of it. It’s just a plain Jane Bodum that is widely available for purchase. If anyone sees anything that makes it different I’d really like to know!  

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jlacy1987 said:

I haven't been on my Princess cruise yet, but we were in a balcony on NCL Breakaway a week before Christmas and did not have a coffee maker in the room (I was sad but knew it wouldn't be there in advance). So it's not fleet wide for NCL to have coffee makers in the room, just FYI. 

I didn't know that. We've been on 7 NCL cruises and have always had one in our stateroom. I thought you just had to request one if it wasn't already there.

Just now, NikiPinkston said:

I didn't know that. We've been on 7 NCL cruises and have always had one in our stateroom. I thought you just had to request one if it wasn't already there.

That's a bummer if I could have requested one, but yes no coffee maker for us! I wasn't expecting one since I never saw one in pictures or listed in any room amenities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

You can order coffee 24/7 on your TV or through the ap. Especially that time of morning I’ve found it to be pretty quick. 

I sailed on the Diamond Jan 31, 2023 to Mexico out of LA. There was a hot pot in our suite. Now granted it was the 1300 plus square foot Grand Suite but I’ve never had a hot pot in other Grand Suites (or vistas, premium, penthouse or owners) 

Heres some pictures of it. It’s just a plain Jane Bodum that is widely available for purchase. If anyone sees anything that makes it different I’d really like to know!  

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

Oh, good, I'll try to request a hot pot in our stateroom prior to boarding. I just need hot water. Thank you for the photos!

Edited by NikiPinkston

A lot of the lines offer coffee makers in their suite categories but not in others.  We have coffee makers in our NCL and RCCL suites, and in a cabinet in the NCL one was a hot pot as shown above.  We have never had either in mini suites or balcony rooms on these lines.  Never had on Carnival or Princess, no matter what the category.   It is a perk for some lines.

• Like 1

Just now, NikiPinkston said:

@jlacy1987here's a CC webpage that says that NCL has coffee makers in balcony cabins:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1818

I guess I've just been spoiled and didn't realize it. Another reason to stick with NCL!

That says they have them in balcony rooms on "most ships." It wasn't on the Breakaway a few months ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jlacy1987 said:

That says they have them in balcony rooms on "most ships." It wasn't on the Breakaway a few months ago. 

I caught that. I would be sad if no coffee maker but, hey, I'm on a cruise so I would adjust. There's always room service, right?😊

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

Only thing I see different is made in Switzerland not China LOL

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:23 PM, fabby50 said:

I understand you can get kettles on European cruises, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one in the US.  I am in California and go on a lot of Coastal and Mexico cruises and haven't been able to get one.  Its probably a stocking problem rather than a safety issue.  

Can confirm that Enchanted has kettles that they usually handout while in Europe.  We had one on our Eastbound TA in March.  Not sure how many they have while not in Europe but all you need to do is ask your steward.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2023 at 5:57 PM, Married15 said:

So if you are given a kettle on a British Isle cruise, do they provide tea/instant coffee, or do we bring our own?

Tea bags and coffee sachets are provided, as well as sachets of milk. A greater variety of tea bags are available from the buffet, if the English Breakfast tea bags are not to your liking. And, you can get fresh milk from the buffet as well, to keep in your fridge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

IMG_1238.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

That's a basic cheap and cheerful kettle which is in every grade of cabin on Princess cruises out of Southampton. 

• Thanks 1

I had a kettle in my Ocean View stateroom on the Diamond (Japan).  It took up "valuable" counter space (not really).  I only used it once in the 9 days.  My sister was the grumpy one.  But she didn't want my "instant coffee"....but they couldn't bring her coffee in the MDR soon enough.  

This is all fine and dandy - but as soon as people start suing the cruise lines because there was no warning labels that the hot water in the kettle / Keurig was actually hot, these items will go the way of the Dodo bird.

9 hours ago, RD64 said:

This is all fine and dandy - but as soon as people start suing the cruise lines because there was no warning labels that the hot water in the kettle / Keurig was actually hot, these items will go the way of the Dodo bird.

I assume your comment was tongue in cheek.

Kettles in  cabins are ubiquitous throughout the world, apart from the US.

Indeed, the UK cruise industry would collapse overnight if kettles were removed from cabins !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

I assume your comment was tongue in cheek.

Kettles in  cabins are ubiquitous throughout the world, apart from the US.

Indeed, the UK cruise industry would collapse overnight if kettles were removed from cabins !

Was on the 1 April 2023 Sky Princess sailing with you and was totally surprised how seriously the Brits take their tea.  Was also surprised how even the buffet tableware/mugs and mugs provided in the cabins were real porcelain.  I'm used to seeing plastic melamine.  I even learned from one of the Brits to first warm the mug with sacrificial hot water to keep the tea hot longer.  I've spent quite a bit of time traveling the UK, but living in such close quarters with Brits for 2 weeks was an eye opener. 

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

I've spent quite a bit of time traveling the UK, but living in such close quarters with Brits for 2 weeks was an eye opener. 

I bet it was !

Are you scarred for life ?

On 4/18/2023 at 8:44 AM, NikiPinkston said:

Wait, Princess doesn't have coffeemakers in their staterooms?! We usually cruise NCL and are used to being able to make coffee when we first get up. We're booked on our first Princess cruise in December and, if not, this will be an adjustment. Is the tap water really hot enough to make instant? I don't like the coffee NCL gives us to brew in the stateroom (or that at hotels, for that matter) so, on the recommendation of another CC member, I recently purchased these to add to hot water (from the in-room coffee maker) and they're quite good:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4LWFKG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

They do not! It is an adjustment for me as well. I'm a roll out of bed and have a cup kind of gal. LOL

• Like 1