Vietnam Cruise Stops and E-visa

cruisinsusin

5 minutes ago, IMswimmer said:

This is the information. Hope it helps.

Tourism

Allowed to entry through checkpoint: Hon Gai Seaport (Hanoi, Ha Long Bay)

Exit through checkpoint: Vung Tau Seaport (Ho Chi Minh, Phu My)

Intended date of entry: date when your cruise is in Vietnam .  

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam:

Celebrity Solstice - 6A Lê Thánh Tông, Hồng Gai, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh 01106, Vietnam

City/Province: Quang Ninh

Thanks for that... but looks like my cruise is in reverse that I can going to Ho Chi Minh first, so not sure if I can use that address.

On 7/11/2023 at 10:15 AM, Torfamm said:

I found some very useful information about port names in Vietnam on Royal Caribbean’s website. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/additional-requirements-to-cruise-from-singapore

IMG_7172.thumb.jpeg.1820dfa3227bb303753914ff58b10cbb.jpeg

There are different docking locations for Ho Chi Minh City, so people need to make sure they know or find out where their ship is likely to dock.  Chan May is often for itineraries listed as Hue or Hue (Chan May).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

There are different docking locations for Ho Chi Minh City, so people need to make sure they know or find out where their ship is likely to dock.  Chan May is often for itineraries listed as Hue or Hue (Chan May).

Yes, it’s very important to read your itinerary. Celebrity uses Phu My in the Vung Tau Seaport as their port for Ho Chi Minh City.  I don’t think that they or Royal Caribbean have any ships small enough to actually go to the Ho Chi Minh City Seaport.

It can be a real challenge to find the correct seaport complex name for individual ports.

• Like 2

Received our evisas back - we used "Celebrity Solstice Cruise Ship" as our local address and selected the correct province.  Everything went through fine.  One interesting thing is that our evisa does not list the port of entry.  It looks like they have simplified the evisa some compared to samples I have found on line.

11 minutes ago, Nyhawkeye said:

Received our evisas back - we used "Celebrity Solstice Cruise Ship" as our local address and selected the correct province.  Everything went through fine.  One interesting thing is that our evisa does not list the port of entry.  It looks like they have simplified the evisa some compared to samples I have found on line.

My friend filled in Solstice Cruise ship as local address and his evisa was denied. They wanted the seaport address. I wish they will and should make it easier for cruise passengers. 

7 minutes ago, IMswimmer said:

My friend filled in Solstice Cruise ship as local address and his evisa was denied. They wanted the seaport address. I wish they will and should make it easier for cruise passengers. 

Yes - I hope they can make the process easier considering the issues it can cause if done incorrectly.  I was worried after submitting that ours would be denied due to lack of seaport address.  Glad it went through but lack of clear direction is frustrating.  (never had a good breastroke so I guess that makes me FLYswimmer)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nyhawkeye said:

Yes - I hope they can make the process easier considering the issues it can cause if done incorrectly.  I was worried after submitting that ours would be denied due to lack of seaport address.  Glad it went through but lack of clear direction is frustrating.  (never had a good breastroke so I guess that makes me FLYswimmer)

Haha yes for both, the vietnam visa and swimming fly. The good news is that they dont' charge you if the visa is denied. With regards to swimming IM? I used to be a breaststroker but after 2 years not swimming due to the pandemic, then swam with a team that only swim long distance freestyle, my breaststroke is non existent now. Trying to keep the rhythm back...darn difficult.

10 hours ago, Nyhawkeye said:

Yes, I contacted Celebrity cruise multiple times and they have no idea.. keep telling me to contact the Vietnam consulate. I contacted the Vietnam consulate and they said I have to call the Vietnam visa department as they do the processing. I contacted the Vietnam visa... and no reply.. sent 5 email and called them twice with no one picking up the phone.

There seems to be mixed information in internet when arriving to Vietnam on European/Schengen-area passport on a cruise ship.

So, here you may find some useful information if any other Scandinavians are on a cruise to Vietnam.

I sent e-mail to Vietnamese embassy and asked about  type of visa for Finnish and Swedish citizens. E-Visa, single entry, multi entry

At least Finnish and Swedish passport holders can arrive without hassle. Here is embassy's answer below:

Vietnam Embassy in Finland <vietnamfinland@gmail.com>

Both Swedish and Finnish citizens can enter and stay in Vietnam for 45 days without any visa.

Embassy of Vietnam in Finland
Kulosaarentie  12
00570 Helsinki
Tel:    + 358 9 6229900
Fax:   +358 9 62299022
Email: vietnamfinland@gmail.com

Vui lòng đặt lịch hẹn trước qua email

________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by NorthernJoey
  • Like 2

As of 2023, citizens of 25 countries can travel to Vietnam and remain in the country for 14 to 45 days (depending on nationality) without having to apply for a visa. To enter Vietnam those citizens only need a valid passport with at least 2 black pages

Country                    Maximum visa-free duration
Chile                         90 days    
Panama                   90 days    
Cambodia                30 days    
Indonesia                 30 days    
Kyrgyzstan               30 days    
Laos                         30 days    
Malaysia                  30 days    
Singapore               30 days    
Thailand                  30 days    
Philippines               21 days    
Brunei                      14 days    
Myanmar                 14 days    
Belarus                    45 days    
Denmark                 45 days    
Finland                    45 days    
France                    45 days    
Germany                 45 days    
Italy                         45 days    
Japan                     45 days    
Norway                   45 days    
Russia                    45 days    
South Korea           45 days    
Spain                      45 days    
Sweden                  45 days    
United Kingdom     45 days

• Like 2

On 11/1/2023 at 12:08 AM, Nyhawkeye said:

Finally got an answer from Celebrity cruise call center after many calls... they said they can process the Vietnam Visa on board and it will $100USD per person.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rick Derris said:

Finally got an answer from Celebrity cruise call center after many calls... they said they can process the Vietnam Visa on board and it will $100USD per person.

Wow, highway robbery? Here in Ontario, I know a travel agent who can apply on behalf of you and she charges around CAD50.00 pp. 

3 hours ago, Rick Derris said:

Online e-visa is USD$25/single-entry or $50/multiple-entry,  It usually takes 3-4 working days for the Vietnam eVisa to be approved. Once eVisa is approved, it will be emailed to you in PDF format. 

• Like 1

Has anyone actually sailed on the Celebrity Solstice since the new changes were implemented to the multi stop Vietnam E-visa in August?  How did you have your form filled out, can you share what you filled in on each line that actually worked for you or what you found out did not work from other passengers on your Celebrity sailing.   We ae cruising in Feb 2024 and want to make sure we are filling them out correctly.  Thank you!

This is from my previous post in this same thread.

Tourism

Celebrity Solstice - 6A Lê Thánh Tông, Hồng Gai, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh 01106, Vietnam

Some had simply put down Solstice Cruise ship and it was accepted. 

12 hours ago, IMswimmer said:

This is from my previous post in this same thread.

Tourism

Some had simply put down Solstice Cruise ship and it was accepted. 

Thanks! I initially submitted my application using Solstice Cruise Ship and it was rejected. That may have been because I did not put in the correct City/Province. I just resubmitted using the full address you provided and will report back with the results. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 6:59 AM, billc23 said:

Thanks! I initially submitted my application using Solstice Cruise Ship and it was rejected. That may have been because I did not put in the correct City/Province. I just resubmitted using the full address you provided and will report back with the results. 

Just received my Visa. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

My Seabourn Encore cruise stops in HCMC, Da Nang and Halong Bay. So on the eVisa application, I just put HCMC as entry port? and Halong Bay as exit port? I believe our smaller ship docks close to the city in Saigon, so what is the name of that dock?

The cruise is Feb 17- Mar 2 and we are in Vietnam end of Feb, can I apply for eVisa now?

Thanks for all the great advice!

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, kwofperth said:

Does anyone know if Vietnam visas are even checked for at the Singapore terminal before boarding??

In my experience, when you check in at the terminal before boarding your cruise, you need all your required visa and documents. They can refuse your boarding if they are not in order. 

• Like 1

I just checked on the Vietnam Visa Site today (12/5/2023) and apparently the PM of the country just rolled back the previous requirements for an eVisa and or ship issued looseleaf visa for cruise ship passengers to an issued in port visa costing only $5 US. Essentially this change was made to increase tourism and trade which was hampered by the previous high fees charged. https://vietnamvisaembassy.org/vietnam-visa-fee-cruise-passengers-back-us5-per-pax/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vini-Tiki-Vechi said:

I just checked on the Vietnam Visa Site today (12/5/2023) and apparently the PM of the country just rolled back the previous requirements for an eVisa and or ship issued looseleaf visa for cruise ship passengers to an issued in port visa costing only $5 US. Essentially this change was made to increase tourism and trade which was hampered by the previous high fees charged. https://vietnamvisaembassy.org/vietnam-visa-fee-cruise-passengers-back-us5-per-pax/

This has been posted in the past, it is apparently is an old article from a private agency and the information is not accurate, at least in 2023.

This is the official Vietnam visa website 

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt

• Like 2