Can we use OBC for excursions booked online in advance?

Leejnd4

We're going to have some on board credits from our travel agent. I've been told that on some cruise lines, if you book a shore excursion online in advance, you are unable to use your OBC to pay for it - you have to book it onboard in order to use OBC. Does anyone know if this is true on the PG?

Thanks!

-- LeeAnne

43 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

We're going to have some on board credits from our travel agent. I've been told that on some cruise lines, if you book a shore excursion online in advance, you are unable to use your OBC to pay for it - you have to book it onboard in order to use OBC. Does anyone know if this is true on the PG?

Thanks!

-- LeeAnne

Shouldn't be a problem  ... book it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Shouldn't be a problem  ... book it

Thanks! We definitely want to get this excursion, and don't want to chance it filling up. So as soon as they are available we'll book it. Appreciate the help!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

When do shore excursions typically become available online to book? Thanks! 

I'm told it's 60 days out. There are a couple of excursions we really want to be sure we get, so I'll be watching for that!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

We are now 60-days out (woo hoo!) to our August 26 sailing! 

Before I call my TA, is there a trick to finding a way to book excursions online? Logged into the account on the PG site, seeing our booking is 100% complete (paid for, personal info on file, etc) but no indicator/button for excursions. Went to Trip Details, not seeing anything there either. I see "Packages and Additional Services" but it says "To book additional arrangements or make changes to your booking, please contact the reservations team" Any tips? Thank you!

1 hour ago, minidonuts85 said:

We are now 60-days out (woo hoo!) to our August 26 sailing! 

Before I call my TA, is there a trick to finding a way to book excursions online? Logged into the account on the PG site, seeing our booking is 100% complete (paid for, personal info on file, etc) but no indicator/button for excursions. Went to Trip Details, not seeing anything there either. I see "Packages and Additional Services" but it says "To book additional arrangements or make changes to your booking, please contact the reservations team" Any tips? Thank you!

You can call Paul Gauguin directly to book the excursions, no way to do it yourself online, kind of old school. If you were you able to see online what is offered for each stop on your trip, there is an excursion number (and the price) to call them with. Also, you can't see if that excursion's full unless you talk to them. I did it directly, not sure if the TA is supposed to, but it was easier to cut out the middleman for me, we were kind of last minute booking, and figured things would be full up, luckily we got what we wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkestBlue said:

You can call Paul Gauguin directly to book the excursions, no way to do it yourself online, kind of old school. If you were you able to see online what is offered for each stop on your trip, there is an excursion number (and the price) to call them with. Also, you can't see if that excursion's full unless you talk to them. I did it directly, not sure if the TA is supposed to, but it was easier to cut out the middleman for me, we were kind of last minute booking, and figured things would be full up, luckily we got what we wanted. 

Thanks, this is great information! I would have had to ask the question myself too, once my cruise is at the 60 day mark. Now I won't have to. 🙂 

• Like 1

@TheDarkestBlue

Mystery solved! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and now I can stop with the hunt on my booking page  🙂 

When you call, will they also provide the time (of day) for the excursion? Besides our dive trips, which we will book onboard, we really just wanted the sunset sail (bora bora) before dinner but wasn’t sure what time it happens. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

@TheDarkestBlue

Mystery solved! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and now I can stop with the hunt on my booking page  🙂 

When you call, will they also provide the time (of day) for the excursion? Besides our dive trips, which we will book onboard, we really just wanted the sunset sail (bora bora) before dinner but wasn’t sure what time it happens. 

They didn't tell me the times and I forgot to ask, lol, so was surprised to find the drift snorkel tickets indicated 8:15 pick up at the marina, on the back of the boat. Motu lunch on Huahine was 9:30 iirc. Both of these excursions were really good and well priced.  I always get independent excursions and my expectations were low for the motu lunch but we had a great time 😁

• Like 1