Marella drinks package

Hi Guys.

Just a quick one regarding the drinks package. Not massive drinkers but wondered if anyone knew if you can get a Spiced Rum and Coke on the standard package without upgrading. Not expecting branded rum happy with anything really?

Many thanks in advance 

7 hours ago, paularmstrong said:

dont know about the rum but the coke comes out of large bottle which may not be the fizzyest , the upgrade will get you a fresh can of coke

Cans of coke are charged at a pound each if you aren’t on the upgraded package.😉

3 hours ago, paularmstrong said:

Which is why i said the upgrade will get you a can

Which is why I said “ Cans of coke are charged at a pound each if you Aren’t on the upgraded package.“😉

29 minutes ago, paularmstrong said:

I was always of the understanding that if you were on upgrade pack you got cans of pop .

You are correct Paul. But if all of the drinks that you like are on the standard package except for cans of fizzy drink they can be purchased for one pound per can.🤷🏻‍♂️

We aren't big drinkers so opt for the included drinks package rather than upgrading.  However, I prefer proper Coke so buy the odd can as and when required. I also go off piste with the odd cocktail and just pay the difference.  Much cheaper than going for the full upgrade package which we just wouldn't use.

17 minutes ago, paularmstrong said:

Yes we are the same , been on a few Tui with the option to upgrade and have never felt the need and never regretted , only time we did was on celebrity where there was a big difference between the two 

On the last trip that we did we took the upgrade and to be honest it wasn’t value for money for us, the beers and the vodka that I prefer are on the included package anyway and the few cocktails that my wife ordered that weren’t on the included list only had a small  upgrade price per drink. We did drink more coffee port drinks than we would normally but only because it was included in the upgrade. As for the bottled water in the cabin we used it for making tea and we’re giving bottles away to the housekeeping staff.🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Sicknote said:

The cans are useful for when you go off on excursions, we just picked up a can or two each time we passed the coffee port so that we had them to take with us.

Fair point.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazlight said:

How much is the upgrade ? 

Just had a look online and it’s ten pounds per person per night, I believe that all adults in the cabin have to upgrade if you decide to go for it.

1 hour ago, Sheera07 said:

Why was the cruise not the best for you , apart from the drink .

Cut backs all round, plus no hot water in our room for 6 days out of 7. out of 54 cruises we have done, this was the worst. Food Menus very limited on past cruises and Island Restaurant very poor. 

31 minutes ago, paularmstrong said:

Yes there are cutbacks following our discovery cruise a few weeks ago  , we have done a lot of TUI cruises but booked P&O for next cruise , looks much better ship and working out a lot cheaper

I've just got the Marella Voyager to do (maiden voyage) for 2 weeks. then P&O in November/ December, and that will probably be my cruising career over after 57 cruises.  yes to many cut backs with Marella now.

14 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Cut backs all round, plus no hot water in our room for 6 days out of 7. out of 54 cruises we have done, this was the worst. Food Menus very limited on past cruises and Island Restaurant very poor. 

That's spooky our last cruise on D2 was our 54th and our worst, similar to you no hot water but we had power failure and could not use our JS balcony, they did however give us a £1,400 voucher, still haven't spent it🙄

On 4/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

That's spooky our last cruise on D2 was our 54th and our worst, similar to you no hot water but we had power failure and could not use our JS balcony, [b]they did however give us a £1,400 voucher, still haven't spent [/b]it🙄

I,ll PM you my address 😅

• Thanks 1