20th free cruise question

TonicTraveler

11 hours ago, bob brown said:

Interesting…I am in the same situation.  My milestone cruise is already booked for this December, and wonder if It would make any difference in the total cost if I changed it from “cruise only” to “simply more” (if that’s even allowable on a free cruise)?  The difference might be in the not included port taxes and fees, if those went up along with the fare increase.🤔

Got the answer later today from the O Club Ambassador…

On the free cruise, one cannot receive O Life, or even Simply More perks, even though the latter is now included for full fare paying passengers…

On 7/1/2023 at 5:43 AM, Tranquility Base said:

Let’s say someone has 18 credits.

The next cruise they wish to take is 40 days ( 3 credits )

( I am aware the ‘ free cruise’ is based on max 14 days )

Does the ‘free cruise’ become and be taken as their their 22nd, or does the ‘ free cruise’ HAVE to be blended into and become part of the 40 day booking ?

I had this same question as we will hit our 20th during a 77-day voyage.  Our TA contacted O to get permission for our “free cruise” to occur subsequent to the long voyage, though we had to select the free cruise and put a deposit on it right away. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bob brown said:

Got the answer later today from the O Club Ambassador…

On the free cruise, one cannot receive O Life, or even Simply More perks, even though the latter is now included for full fare paying passengers…

Bob,

I am converting my 20th cruise to SimplyMore.  Then I am telling O that it is my 20th cruise.  I doubt they are going to then tell me they are retracting parts of the cruise (beverage and shoreX allowance) that are actually included in the cruise description.  That would be like saying I could not make specialty restaurant reservations, or even eat in the specialties.  The cruise content description for Cruise Only for SM cruises only drops out air.  Nothing else.  That's why I doubt that what your Ambassador has told you will turn out to be true.  Considering how this SM thing has been sprung on everyone, I think some details are still to be ironed out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Bob,

I am converting my 20th cruise to SimplyMore.  Then I am telling O that it is my 20th cruise.  I doubt they are going to then tell me they are retracting parts of the cruise (beverage and shoreX allowance) that are actually included in the cruise description.  That would be like saying I could not make specialty restaurant reservations, or even eat in the specialties.  The cruise content description for Cruise Only for SM cruises only drops out air.  Nothing else.  That's why I doubt that what your Ambassador has told you will turn out to be true.  Considering how this SM thing has been sprung on everyone, I think some details are still to be ironed out.

Just a quick question about converting your 20th cruise to SimplyMore.  Is your cruise longer than 14 days, so that you will be liable for the prorated cost of the days beyond 14 and how would SimplyMore apply to those days?  We're very curious as to how you will fare in your conversion quest as our intent is to make an already booked (pre-SimplyMore and booked on board) cruise in 2025 as our 20th and it is 22 days in duration.

Many thx. in advance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redraider1966 said:

Just a quick question about converting your 20th cruise to SimplyMore.  Is your cruise longer than 14 days, so that you will be liable for the prorated cost of the days beyond 14 and how would SimplyMore apply to those days?  We're very curious as to how you will fare in your conversion quest as our intent is to make an already booked (pre-SimplyMore and booked on board) cruise in 2025 as our 20th and it is 22 days in duration.

Many thx. in advance.

To be honest, I don't think anyone knows the details of how this will relate with the new SM program.  Until someone actually books/converts a cruise as their "free" cruise and gets their final travel summary a few weeks before boarding will we know exactly how it is handled.  As of now, your free cruise does not include any OLife perks but does include all of your loyalty perks.  The loyalty perks, in particular the OBC, is not posted to your account until a week or two before embarkation so can not use for any pre- booking of excursions.  Since you are not sailing until 2025 and your booking will not be converted to your free cruise with the pro-rating until about 6 months before sailing, there will be plenty of others that will report back in the next 18 - 24 months on how it worked.  Congratulations on earning your free cruise!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, redraider1966 said:

Many thx. in advance.

red

Our cruise is 16 days.  Our TA contacted O in March after we completed our 19th cruise, and more than the required 180-day minimum notice window, of our intent to name our December cruise as our Milestone.  O responded that we were indeed qualified for our 20th (already booked a year+ before), and for the TA to come back to them (O) about a month before PIF date (Aug 1) so O could prepare a final invoice to reflect what was still owed (2 pro-rated days, port charges and taxes).

Notified TA by e-mail Saturday to first make the conversion of the cruise to SM.  Upon receipt of evidence of that change, then contact O as requested in March to give them a heads-up about finalizing details of the 20th.  Don't expect part 1 of this to take place before Wednesday due to the long weekend.  Part 2 should be accomplished before the end of next week.  How long it takes O to do their calculations is unknowable, but anticipate it will be done before August 1.  Well before Aug 1.

Just checked the O website for the 20th cruise description and it says it will be booked as 'cruise only'. so I'm confident we'll have all the SM inclusions to enjoy on our cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

red

Our cruise is 16 days.  Our TA contacted O in March after we completed our 19th cruise, and more than the required 180-day minimum notice window, of our intent to name our December cruise as our Milestone.  O responded that we were indeed qualified for our 20th (already booked a year+ before), and for the TA to come back to them (O) about a month before PIF date (Aug 1) so O could prepare a final invoice to reflect what was still owed (2 pro-rated days, port charges and taxes).

Notified TA by e-mail Saturday to first make the conversion of the cruise to SM.  Upon receipt of evidence of that change, then contact O as requested in March to give them a heads-up about finalizing details of the 20th.  Don't expect part 1 of this to take place before Wednesday due to the long weekend.  Part 2 should be accomplished before the end of next week.  How long it takes O to do their calculations is unknowable, but anticipate it will be done before August 1.  Well before Aug 1.

Just checked the O website for the 20th cruise description and it says it will be booked as 'cruise only'. so I'm confident we'll have all the SM inclusions to enjoy on our cruise.

Thanks for your update and will look forward to your final information from O after asking for conversion to SM.  It is great to have someone with a "free" cruise so soon that can relate first hand knowledge and experience.

2 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Bob,

I hope our OCA was wrong, and you are correct, but since there will be an almost 2 year overlap of the old O Life and new Simply More programs,  I would imagine they will differentiate the two, according to what you have.  Some time in 2025, everyone will have the same.  At least until they decide to make more changes…😉

By the way, ours is only 12 days, so no need for pro rating fares…

7 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

red

I enjoy your optimism, but I think you're wrong. 

• Like 1

Orv,

Why would you think that?  Cruise Only is Cruise Only.  SM seems to be agreed to by everyone as having 2 flavors, Full and Cruise Only.  Why do you think there might be a secret third flavor that we don't know about?

3 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Orv,

Why would you think that?  Cruise Only is Cruise Only.  SM seems to be agreed to by everyone as having 2 flavors, Full and Cruise Only.  Why do you think there might be a secret third flavor that we don't know about?

He is probably just suspicious...notice that the words "cruise only" does not appear in the cabin price tables. Also, the T&Cs for SM are in the Promo T&Cs, not the regular T&Cs. I hope you are correct though!

12 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Orv,

I'm basing it on the free cruises not including Olife since it started. This might be different. Please let us know the outcome when your TA finds out. Since this is all new there are still a lot of things to find out. 

• Like 2

Just to bring closure the the topic that started this thread--whether and when amenities would be awarded for a free cruise.  Our TA contacted Oceania Club and got this response: 

"Please note that it is the policy that Loyalty Amenities be added 5 days prior to sailing"

• Like 3

On 6/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, 1985rz1 said:

Other posters have said that the 20th cruise has no amenities. I'm surprised tour TA didn't know that.

Returned last month from 20th cruise. Platinum SBC and shareholder are applied about 3 days prior to cruise. You do get them. Just last minute. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ORV said:

I'm basing it on the free cruises not including Olife since it started. This might be different. Please let us know the outcome when your TA finds out. Since this is all new there are still a lot of things to find out. 

ORV,

The O rep my TA works with isn't sure if SM for 20th cruise includes everything that SM includes because he hasn't handled one yet.  Agrees he doesn't know how they would strip out anything that's part of the basic package, but "just doesn't know".. 

BUT, and there's always a BUT,  I did find out I can't switch to SM because the whole ship is waitlisted.

We booked an Owners, because that's what 10 of our 19 cruises have been, and we felt that's what we'd be given for #20.  Not only are all 6 Owners (Insignia) booked, but so is the whole ship.

Maybe we can be a test case when we get to #40 in a few (?) years.

Oh, well.

12 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Returned last month from 20th cruise. Platinum SBC and shareholder are applied about 3 days prior to cruise. You do get them. Just last minute. 

We are scheduled for our 20th cruise late Sept. on Vista. Know we will receive Platinum Benefits just before departure. Did not think shareholder credit was applicable on the "free" cruise?  If so, getting our paperwork together to submit!

1 hour ago, redrocklife said:

We are scheduled for our 20th cruise late Sept. on Vista. Know we will receive Platinum Benefits just before departure. Did not think shareholder credit was applicable on the "free" cruise?  If so, getting our paperwork together to submit!

We received $250.  I thought I wouldn't get it, but figured why not. We did pay for 7 days of 21 day cruise....not sure if that had something to do with it or not.

• Thanks 1