5 day Liberty menus

20 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Horrible if that constitutes a cruise line dinner menu, Outback has a nicer selection!

Huh? Looks like a pretty standard MDR dinner menu to me. Steak, fish, chicken, Indian dish... what exactly are you expecting?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moposh said:

Yes, it was dinner.  I never ate in the MDR for any other meal.  

Wow, sure enough. I have eight of the new menus saved on my phone, but I did not have Taste of the USA. Did not know that one even existed. Do you mind saying what sailing that was on and where? Just wondering where they would offer a taste of the USA menu.

I agree, they do make a nice burger in the dining room.  Not sure how I feel about offering it for dinner though. I have gotten it multiple times for lunch in the main dining room.

On 8/21/2023 at 7:37 PM, BermudaBound'05 said:

On the ship now, here’s day three

IMG_9929.jpeg

Sure looks like a dinner menu to me. Interesting.  Overall not that bad of a menu really.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Wow, sure enough. I have eight of the new menus saved on my phone, but I did not have Taste of the USA. Did not know that one even existed. Do you mind saying what sailing that was on and where? Just wondering where they would offer a taste of the USA menu.

I agree, they do make a nice burger in the dining room.  Not sure how I feel about offering it for dinner though. I have gotten it multiple times for lunch in the main dining room.

Sure looks like a dinner menu to me. Interesting.  Overall not that bad of a menu really.

We sailed out of New Jersey at the end of August. 

15 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I was on Vision of the Seas sailing to Bermuda and Bahamas.

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Huh? Looks like a pretty standard MDR dinner menu to me. Steak, fish, chicken, Indian dish... what exactly are you expecting?

well I've been cruising for 35 years and it's a far cry from the crab claws appetizer and frog legs provencale that Royal Caribbean used to serve.  A hamburger, at dinner and you're not in a buffet line???? Horrible!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

crab claws appetizer and frog legs provencale that Royal Caribbean used to serve

And how long ago was that?

You also keep citing the hamburger and ignoring the other entrees. You have 6-7 choices for a reason. Clearly that menu is not to your standards, which is perfectly fine, we all have preferences.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:04 PM, mets123 said:

They just installed the new menus this past Jan/Feb. Do you really expect them to change them any time in the near future?

I am always reminded how on the last night of the cruise, everyone wants a "10" in the survey, and the servers in the dining room always tell you how the food isn't their fault - they are only providing the service - so if you don't like the food - don't downgrade them.  Well... guess what....if enough people complain on the surveys that the MDR food is not good - they'll change the menus.  

39 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You also keep citing the hamburger and ignoring the other entrees. You have 6-7 choices for a reason. Clearly that menu is not to your standards, which is perfectly fine, we all have preferences.

Things and prices changed in the last 35 years. LOL.

You still could not eat like you can on a cruise ship considering all the other things that are included, room, entertainment, travel and SO  MUCH MORE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Things and prices changed in the last 35 years. LOL.

You still could not eat like you can on a cruise ship considering all the other things that are included, room, entertainment, travel and SO  MUCH MORE.

The only reason that is, is because the price of cruising hasn't changed in 35 years. in 1989 it cost about $1000pp for an inside cabin for a 7 night cruise and that didn't include any amenities.  Cruise lines unfortunately have cheapened their product to attract the mass market. As a result there are fights and drunks and people going overboard and everything else. If you adjusted for inflation that means the interior room on a 7 night should be going for about $2460pp.  Imagine the quality of cruise you'd get if that were the case.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm not cruising to eat Mac & Cheese, a hamburger or fried chicken for dinner sorry. I'll stop at the A&W/KFC on my way home from work if that's what I'm in the mood for.

2 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

I'm not cruising to eat Mac & Cheese, a hamburger or fried chicken for dinner sorry. I'll stop at the A&W/KFC on my way home from work if that's what I'm in the mood for.

I do agree that Fried Chicken, Burgers, Jambalaya feel more like buffet offerings.  Not sure how I feel about them on the MDR menu.  I feel they do de-elevate the experience.  However, I do love good fried chicken, burgers and Jambalaya 🤣.  Also, I doubt the lobster mac n cheese has much lobster in it (or perhaps not even real lobster)

However, there is still a NY strip steak, Glazed Salmon, and a fish curry that hold up fine against any of the other menus.

For appetizers, Potato soup, Waldorf salad, Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar salad, are all solid offerings, and the desserts look normal as well.

I get what you're saying about the quality of the dishes offered, and it is slipping.

• Like 1