Duty Free Cigarettes

Hi,

I`m getting some ciggies for someone at work when I go on Explorer in May. Ports of call are in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Corfu. Does anyone know from experience which place might be the cheapest to buy them. It`s a filthy habit I know but happy to save someone a few quid.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, oscarshep said:

Hi,

I`m getting some ciggies for someone at work when I go on Explorer in May. Ports of call are in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Corfu. Does anyone know from experience which place might be the cheapest to buy them. It`s a filthy habit I know but happy to save someone a few quid.

Thanks.

I purchased rolling tobacco at the duty free shops at corfu airport, They had a good selection of tobacco products at decent prices. Ok as a last resort if you don’t get them onboard or on your travels.

I am assuming that you are flying to and from Corfu.

Edited by Brummijam
Spellink

13 hours ago, Brummijam said:

I purchased rolling tobacco at the duty free shops at corfu airport, They had a good selection of tobacco products at decent prices. Ok as a last resort if you don’t get them onboard or on your travels.

I am assuming that you are flying to and from Corfu.

Yeah Brummijam, Corfu Airport in and out. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, bishop84 said:

FYI Tourists are getting caught out with the revised duty free allowances and having goods confiscated and/or fines. Although the spirits allowance has gone up the tobacco allowance hasn't. From the HMRC website: 

image.png.284ac0ecd34afd1676d06fbae8b0b7c7.png

Full details at: Bringing goods into the UK for personal use: Arriving in Great Britain - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

This is the correct per person allowance.👍