QM2 - Britannia Club A1 vs A2 Categories

NancyDrew1953

Although I have traveled previously in the Britannia Club categories, I don’t recall if there was any difference between A1 and A2 categories, except for deck location.  I thought maybe that the A1 category had the better location in the Club dining area?  Do the A1s dine in the more private dining room, while the A2s dine in the area that is just a separate area in the main room that you walk through to be in the more private area on the QM2?

Any information would be appreciated.  

• Like 1

Technically it is all one room in Britannia Club), but as I recall and the Cunard deck plan confirms, it is split into four separate areas, with two on each side of the ship.  On both sides, there is two separate dining area with the first being more open to the noise of the main dining room (the walls do not extend to the ceiling on two sides), while the second is a true separate room.  

I am trying to be in the second, quieter area due to hearing issues.  I thought maybe being in an A1 cabin might produce this result. Is this true?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

Although I have traveled previously in the Britannia Club categories, I don’t recall if there was any difference between A1 and A2 categories, except for deck location.  I thought maybe that the A1 category had the better location in the Club dining area?  Do the A1s dine in the more private dining room, while the A2s dine in the area that is just a separate area in the main room that you walk through to be in the more private area on the QM2?

Any information would be appreciated.  

NancyDrew,

There are two locations for Britannia Club Dining on the QM2. One which is the largest area behind the Britannia Restaurant and divided by a tall Partition is on the Port Side rear by Elevator Bank D. When you exit the elevators on to Deck 2, you will see the Original Wooden Sign - Britannia Club Dining Room. We experience dining in there when we were in a A1 Britannia Club Cabin 12052.

The other location we experienced while in Britannia Club was when we were in a Cabin 13002 on Deck 13 - one of the new addition added during the 2016 refit. At that time we were assigned a table in the new addition also added during the 2016 refit was Britannia Club Restaurant also on Deck 2 Starboard Side behind the Britannia Restaurant. Much smaller in size than the Port Side.

I believe most of those passenger on Deck 12 are assigned to the Portside portion of the Britannia Club DR. We will be on Deck 12  A1 this coming sailing and know we will be assigned to the Portside Dining Room.

We prefer the Portside location to Dine than the starboard. It is more intimate decor of a Dining Room as the other side is small and enclosed.

Last July, when in Britannia Club on QM-2 for 3 weeks, I asked the very same questions of the Head Waiter in charge.  They don’t have a Maitre d’ in Britannia Club.  We were in the inner room and not the main area as you walk into BC on the port side.  This was the original BC before the introduction of the starboard side BC when the deck 13 A2 cabins were added.

The Head Waiter told me the main area was for A1 cabins and the inner private room was for A2 cabins.  The main area had more life in it so we requested a move to it.  He refused our request but when we got to New York he moved us to a window table in the inner private area.  He told me that the starboard side BC was generally for deck 13 A2 cabins but this wasn’t strictly adhered to.

The problem with being in the inner room was the slow table service.  Our waiter had tables in both areas, couldn’t see us from the main area so we tended to get neglected.  He had to make a conscious effort of walking to the entrance to the inner area to see if we had finished a course.