First time on NCL

hmatt

Knowing we can not bring sodas on board, wondering how much can sodas are?

I drink two a day and rather have can drinks instead of fountain drinks, don’t 

drink alcohol and I’ve always used the ships water that has always been fine

with me. 
Thanks

Debbie

2 minutes ago, hmatt said:

Knowing we can not bring sodas on board, wondering how much can sodas are?

I drink two a day and rather have can drinks instead of fountain drinks, don’t 

drink alcohol and I’ve always used the ships water that has always been fine

with me. 
Thanks

Debbie

Couple bucks a can plus 18% gratuity.

I suggest you transfer your cruise to a third party agency and they will give you an on board credit.

Thanks Pete, 

We do have on board credit, just enough for tips and a few cans! Cruise Princess 

a lot and they let you bring drinks on board but being elite I get free mini bar setups that I change for all can diet cokes,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hmatt said:

Thanks Pete, 

We do have on board credit, just enough for tips and a few cans! Cruise Princess 

a lot and they let you bring drinks on board but being elite I get free mini bar setups that I change for all can diet cokes,

NCL states that they don't allow you to use onboard credit for gratuities. That may vary in practice, but I believe that is there policy.

30 minutes ago, SKCruiser007 said:

NCL states that they don't allow you to use onboard credit for gratuities. That may vary in practice, but I believe that is there policy.

You can’t use non refundable OBC on gratuities.  

Oh, did not know this! This will be our first cruise with NCL except for the cruise we did probably 20 years ago on the Pride of America in Hawaii. Thanks everyone for info I didn’t realize, if anyone has anything else that could be useful let me know. Leave first of May for Ireland.

11 minutes ago, spenecer said:

I was just on the NCL Epic and there are no fountain soda machines on the ship.  You can only get canned soda, but they won't give you the can.  They open the can and pour it into a cup.

Not true in my experience, if you are paying for it.  Rules might be different if you have the drink or soda package.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:59 PM, Liljo22 said:

You can’t use non refundable OBC on gratuities.  

That sounds CRAZY! Why can't you use the OBC on gratuities? I've been cruising since 1969 and I never heard about this policy!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

That sounds CRAZY! Why can't you use the OBC on gratuities? I've been cruising since 1969 and I never heard about this policy!

Lots of policies have changed since 1969.  I think this one changed just prior to the shut-down.  Essentially you have to pay for things you would normally be required to pay for, only using NCL-given OBC for optional purchases. 

Note - only applies to Non Refundable OBC, such as the shareholder benefit or OBC you might get for missing a port.  Refundable OBC that is purchased by you or your travel agent can be used on anything.

• Haha 1