Travelling on the Oosterdam in August 2023

Mongeral

Welcome to Cruise Critic @Mongeral!  On the great website, HAL Cruiser Information | Information for Cruising on Holland America (halfacts.com)  Halfacts.com there is a picture of sister ship Zuiderdam #4042 which is the same type and similar location (on port instead of starboard side) as your cabin.  It's a start, but hopefully someone has the exact cabin as you are looking at.

4042 Zuiderdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

~Nancy

You're welcome.  The other pictures of similar cabins on HalFacts are old showing the outdated soft goods in the cabins.  The link above has a 2023 picture with the new furniture.  Those deck 4 cabins have a nice deep balcony!

~Nancy

PS- good website for checking decks above and below your cabin is here:

Oosterdam Upper Promenade Deck Plans (cruisedeckplans.com)

Edited by oakridger

On Oosterdam I haven't been in a veranda.  I've been in Signature Suites twice on deck 6 closer to mid ship.  I can't remember the cabin numbers though!  I really do like the size of the Vista ships. 

What cruise are you taking on her?

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

1 hour ago, Mongeral said:

Hi Fellow cruisers.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 4034 and are their photos available.

Sorry I put the wrong cabin number before.

Sorry I can't help with the cabin enquiry. Have only been on Oosterdam once and I have no idea what cabin we had except that it was an ocean view forward on port side.Welcome to CC.

There is a section for us Antipodeans here. It's quite active.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

Edited by lyndarra
typo

That room could be a little loud being it is very close and above the World Stage when performances are going on.  It won't be in the morning, but likely in the evening.  I've been above the World Stage before and even aft of the staircase and I wouldn't do it again.

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

PS- good website for checking decks above and below your cabin is here:

Oosterdam Upper Promenade Deck Plans (cruisedeckplans.com)

I use this site before I book any cruise to see cabins and pictures, a lifetime membership is around $35 and worth the cost. We sailed on the Oosterdam last August from Venice in a Signature Suite number #6061.

Edited by terrydtx

3 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

That room could be a little loud being it is very close and above the World Stage when performances are going on.  It won't be in the morning, but likely in the evening.  I've been above the World Stage before and even aft of the staircase and I wouldn't do it again.

On Vista Class ships we really prefer Signatures Suites on deck 6, very quiet and above and below only other cabins.

• Like 1