Chic nights on 8 day cruise

PatandStu

I realize this may vary from cruise to cruise, but we are trying to book Murano on Equinox and prefer to do it on a chic night. 
Our 8 day cruise in Sept to ABC has 2 sea days, followed by 3 port days, then 2 more sea days. 
Any insight would be appreciated. 
Pat

2 hours ago, PatandStu said:

I realize this may vary from cruise to cruise, but we are trying to book Murano on Equinox and prefer to do it on a chic night. 
Our 8 day cruise in Sept to ABC has 2 sea days, followed by 3 port days, then 2 more sea days. 
Any insight would be appreciated. 
Pat

Based on your 9 day/8 night itinerary description, Evening Chic will most certainly be on Day 2 (Sep 17, At Sea Day #1) and Day 7 (Sep 22, At Sea Day #3). 

image.thumb.jpeg.ce89316932bd9d6bef8c2f3814f434c9.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

18 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Our 15 night’er has only two, from what I understand.  

Celebrity's website says two Evening Chic nights.  However, we have been on three 14 nighters (Southern Caribbean) and two 15 nighters (S America and westbound TA) and every one of them had 3 Evening Chic nights.

E420C630-4861-4840-8862-F9A1B8DE2502.jpe

Oct 22 2022 Constellation Transatlantic schedule published in the Celebrity Today.

638FD0F5-0773-4C16-9E84-634A37958901.thu

Jan 4 2019 Reflection schedule published in the Celebrity Today.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Is that information on the app?  Where should we look?

Funny you should ask because I had to ask how to see it on the App.

Open the App, and click on the “Day 1” drop down at the top of the page for your cruise. Each day of your cruise will be listed in the drop down.  Select a day, and in the banner at the top of the Daily Planner page, you should see attire for that evening.  You can also see the dress code at the bottom of the page in the banner, without having to open the Daily Planner.   To see another day, though, you need to go back to the first page of your cruise, and hit the “day” drop down again, and then select another day. Kind of a pain, but that’s the only way I could get my app to accurately show me the dress code.

Edited by capsplace

13 hours ago, capsplace said:

Panama Canal on Millie this week

Thanks for the instructions. I tried that and I see that only the first seven nights are on the app.  I think there will be three chic nights not two on a 15 night cruise.

Edited by cruisestitch

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Thanks for the instructions. I tried that and I see that only the first seven nights are on the app.  I think there will be three chic nights not two on a 15 night cruise.

I hope.  Right now, nights 2 and 10 are Chic.

We are on the Equinox sailing on May 27, an 8-nighter. My Daily Planner has very few things listed and certainly not whether it is a Chic night (or dress attire). I'm trying to plan accordingly, but - is not making this easy on anyone. Why can't they just tell us when the chic nights are?

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

We are on the Equinox sailing on May 27, an 8-nighter. My Daily Planner has very few things listed and certainly not whether it is a Chic night (or dress attire). I'm trying to plan accordingly, but - is not making this easy on anyone. Why can't they just tell us when the chic nights are?

Your two EC nights will also be on the evenings of Day 2 (At Sea #1) and Day 7 (At Sea #3).  It looks like a nice itinerary.

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

@mahdnc You are da BOMB! Thanks for all the great info.....on lots of threads!

Thank you.  However your 8 night itinerary is an easy one to figure out because it falls neatly within a couple rules of thumb for where the two EC nights fall:

FIRST EC: The first EC is never on the very first night of the cruise because there is (or was, back in the day) an assumption that it might take time for you to get your luggage (or locate it if it is missing), get unpacked, stuff ironed, get settled in, etc etc.  Therefore the first candidate for EC is the 2nd night of the cruise.  And if that 2nd night of the cruise is a sea day, then that is the answer for sure.

LAST EC: The last EC is never on the last night of the cruise because there is an assumption that your nice clothes have all been packed away in your suitcases, and those suitcases should be sitting out in the hallway waiting to be taken away.  Therefore the first candidate for the last EC is two nights before the end of the cruise.  And if the that night falls on a sea day, then that is the answer for sure.

The two itineraries below show the first and last EC nights falling neatly within the rules of thumb--2nd night (sea day) and next to last night (sea day):

image.jpeg.b75f1683e5a1e259d94769e7e6a4b31d.jpeg

image.jpeg.e0fb9e9f8912227f7c8361a0dfbecc8f.jpeg

What is less certain with the above logic is if the above nights fall on a port day.  While it is preferred that EC nights fall on a sea day, it is not always practical to do that especially with a 7 night itinerary.  However a longer itinerary affords the option to find a sea day to schedule an EC in the event the above rule of thumb puts the EC on a port day (below). 

image.jpeg.8fb158d025a04fa38638eb5b01bb4518.jpeg

A final random fact is that New Year's Eve is always an EC night.  On the longer itineraries, NYE becomes the 3rd EC night as you can see in the three itineraries.  This may also be true for Christmas Eve but I don't have enough experience to know for sure.

Edited by mahdnc