Viking Polaris

ropomo

I see that Viking Polaris has been docked in Freeport, Bahamas since April 12. I assume for repairs related to the rogue wave incident. Just curious, has the April 18, 2023 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto been cancelled? I assume there is still adequate time to make it to Ft. Lauderdale from Freeport for tomorrow's sailing if the work is completed today.

5 hours ago, ropomo said:

I see that Viking Polaris has been docked in Freeport, Bahamas since April 12. I assume for repairs related to the rogue wave incident. Just curious, has the April 18, 2023 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto been cancelled? I assume there is still adequate time to make it to Ft. Lauderdale from Freeport for tomorrow's sailing if the work is completed today.

Affirmative, they are making permanent repairs to the vessel after the Drake Passage incident.

It is just over 80 miles, so with arrival/departure it can easily be accomplished dock to dock in under 6 hrs. The vessel also has no pax to disembark, so embarkation could start immediately upon arrival.

They could sail from the shipyard at 06:00-07:00 tomorrow morning and easily make the sailing from Fort Lauderdale.