Vista Cabin Question

Clearwater

Apparently I was assigned without knowing to 10216. On carnival site, it looks like a regular balcony. When I google the cabin, it pops up as premium balcony. 

One site reads:

Carnival Vista Cabin # 10216
Category 9B - Premium Balcony Stateroom

Carnival Vista - Category 9B - Cabin # 10216

Stateroom #: 10216
Category: Category 9B - Premium Balcony Stateroom
Description:

We designed Carnival Vista balcony staterooms for maximum sea breeze and the most stunning views, and this stateroom features a balcony that's even wider than our standard balcony. Enjoy the extra outdoor space, along with all the standard Carnival stateroom amenities.

With that said, I have never stayed on the lido deck. Is this good or awful? Noise from pool, far from things, etc.  I am usually on 6 or 8. 

You are far forward enough you shouldn't have much noise from Lido. You are also forward of the FWD elevators, so you shouldn't have much foot traffic in your cabin area. There are cabins above and below you. Overall a decent location I'd say. The only downside is probably that you are far forward, so you'll be walking the length of the ship a lot most likely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You are far forward enough you shouldn't have much noise from Lido. You are also forward of the FWD elevators, so you shouldn't have much foot traffic in your cabin area. There are cabins above and below you. Overall a decent location I'd say. The only downside is probably that you are far forward, so you'll be walking the length of the ship a lot most likely.

Yes - usually we are mid so this will be new.  I guess will be good walking off the holiday and cruise food a little more with some extra steps LOL

15 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Clearwater🙂

Just something to be aware of; Cabin 10216 is also a connecting cabin. It connects to stateroom 10220.

🍹

Hey - does this matter?  Doesn't that mean the balcony has the option to be opened or if there more to it?  Inside door?  What am I missing here?

52 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

Inside door? 

Yes, these cabins connect through an inside door.  In our experience, it's not as bad as some hotels (where it can sound like the people next door are practically in your room) but not as private as a regular cabin. 

We never book these cabins on purpose, but have been assigned twice (when booking a balcony guarantee).

• Like 1

This is our preferred location (forward on the Lido deck). You will not hear the pool, and you are far enough from the elevators that there is not much traffic. It will be pretty quiet.

We like going back to the cabin for the night and being able to grab a snack or drink to take back to the cabin. I'm an earlier riser than my wife and I can easily get to the buffet area and coffee to read and watch the sun rise. Its really convenient.

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

One thing great about this cabin and similar is that when you look over the balcony rail you should be looking at the water and not the Promenade deck. 

This is exactly what I missed on my last cruise.   Glad to hear!  We decided to keep it!  Thanks everyone for the input. 

On 4/17/2023 at 4:57 PM, Clearwater said:

Well darn!  My excitement lasted 5 minutes!!! HA thank you for confirming.  

I am worried I will hate deck 10 but who knows.  

If you are far enough away from the main pool area the noise shoudn’t be an issue.

Check  the deck plan map to see what’s above/below you and what is a deck or two below your balcony.