Weather

doones2

This is our first time in the Mediterranean and really have no idea what the weather will be like.  We are cruising in May to Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Sicily and Malta.  Does anyone have information on the weather?  Are shorts and sun dresses going to be ok or do we need long pants?  I know the weather is hard to predict so any info would be great 

Why don’t you Google weather history for your ports?

You might want to consider lightweight longer pants and carry a wrap, because if you are visiting churches, some require shoulders and knees to be covered.  EM

2 hours ago, RBrowny said:

I'm from the UK, so anything above 10 degrees is warm enough for shorts for me. We are also cruising at the beginning of May. It's about 20 degrees in the places we will visit.

I'm thinking your celsius will be lost on the OP...

I have looked to see what the estimated temperature will be but we all know that isn’t necessarily the truth.  I live in Massachusetts and we had a day last week that reached 90 degrees and then the next day it was in the 50’s.   I am packing lightweight pants and jacket and hope I don’t need them.  Thank you 

3 minutes ago, doones2 said:

I have looked to see what the estimated temperature will be but we all know that isn’t necessarily the truth.  I live in Massachusetts and we had a day last week that reached 90 degrees and then the next day it was in the 50’s.   I am packing lightweight pants and jacket and hope I don’t need them.  Thank you 

Yeah, that's understandable. It's better to be prepared. For me, 50 I will wear shorts 😄 

9 hours ago, RD64 said:

Summer time? It will be hot.

I wouldn't say it would be guaranteed in May, it probably will be on the whole.

Of the above mentioned I have only been to Spain in May and we did have a couple of cooler days, bit of rain as well from memory.

We've just sailed to Malaga, Barcelona, Marseille and Genoa. The average temperature was 70 - 75F. Which as a UK resident, that's most definitely shorts and sun wear weather. We did note lots of people still in coats though. 

I'd always prefer capri trousers and having a wrap when visiting a city, as you may need to cover up in places or if there's a sea breeze. 

Generally the temperature in May will increase but it obviously depends on what you're acclimatised too.