A couple of beer questons

Maplemoose

I was just browsing the bar menus for the Summit and saw 2 bars selling buckets of 6 beers. My question is can the bucket be brought back to thr cabin to be consumed at my leisure  or does the bartender have to open all bottles at once as if a group is going to drink them in the bar. I have seen this on other cruises.  Another question: All those beers I see listed for 7 or 8 dollars....are they bottles or drafts? 

12 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

I was just browsing the bar menus for the Summit and saw 2 bars selling buckets of 6 beers. My question is can the bucket be brought back to thr cabin to be consumed at my leisure  or does the bartender have to open all bottles at once as if a group is going to drink them in the bar. I have seen this on other cruises.  Another question: All those beers I see listed for 7 or 8 dollars....are they bottles or drafts? 

If you have a drink package silly to buy a bucket and spend $$ as they are not included.  Have gotten 2 beers with 2 cards and asked them to only open 1.  Sometimes yes and per policy usually no.

Rarely see a bucket on Celebrity.   Not that sort of clientele.  When I have they open them all, but am sure they would not if you asked.

Bottles or occasionally cans.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Well. I wouldn't buy a bucket if I had a package. Normally I do have a package because I am on NCL where it only costs $20 a day. Trying something different this time and the cost is prohibitive compared to what I am used to. Trying to find a way to stickhandle around it within my budget! 

“Not that sort of clientele”, what does that even mean?  
We have seen some pretty wild people on Celebrity 😊

I know that they did offer the buckets before the pandemic.

I am not sure about now 

They are listed onthe app for 2 different bars so I presume yhey sell them. 

What kind of "clientele" would buy a bucket to share among a group or to keep in the cabin fridge? Maybe the kind who don't want to pay double figures every time they sip on a beer? 🤣

• Like 2

They will open if you request to be opened.  

If you buy a bucket don’t do it in a Fl port. You will be charged the sales tax and that wipes out any savings.   Sometimes if you ask the  BT  they won’t charge it until the ship leaves that port.   

$20 for a drink pack is  very cheap.   When was the last time you sailed on NCL?   I never sailed on that line but would consider it if the drink pack is only $20.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

$20 for a drink pack is  very cheap.   When was the last time you sailed on NCL?   I never sailed on that line but would consider it if the drink pack is only $20.  

It is under the Free at Sea promotion which they have had for years now. You don't pay for the package, you pay only for the gratuities. You also get 150 minutes of wi-fi for  free and discounts on shore excursions. Not free at sea but a lot better than I have seen on any other line. Cowboys fan, you need to google Free at Sea not drink package. I have used it 4 times and am booked with it again in September. 

• Like 1

If you choose the all included option with with Celebrity you get internet, gratuities and the classic drink pack.   I looked at NCL and a comparable cruise and cabin with Celebrity and I it looks as if Celebrity is an option.  They are very close in cost. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

19 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Not sure about the opening thing, but you can purchase any beverage at any bar and take anywhere on board.  I couldn't finish my predinner martini one night and the MDR had no problem me bringing it in.

6 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

It is under the Free at Sea promotion which they have had for years now. You don't pay for the package, you pay only for the gratuities. You also get 150 minutes of wi-fi for  free and discounts on shore excursions. Not free at sea but a lot better than I have seen on any other line. Cowboys fan, you need to google Free at Sea not drink package. I have used it 4 times and am booked with it again in September. 

You will pay more for the room to be afforded that upgrade…I’m very familiar with NCL..I like them when younger folks are going. 

The price for the room is the exact same whether or not  you check off "free at sea". All you are saving is the total cost of the drink package. Do a simulated booking and you will see. Anyway, this is off topic.Scott, the question was can I take a bucket of 6 beers back to my cabin to put in the mini-fridge. On some ships the bartender is required to take the caps off of all of them which prevents doing that. Nobody is going to store open bottles in fridge obviously. 

1 hour ago, Maplemoose said:

The price for the room is the exact same whether or not  you check off "free at sea". All you are saving is the total cost of the drink package. Do a simulated booking and you will see. Anyway, this is off topic.Scott, the question was can I take a bucket of 6 beers back to my cabin to put in the mini-fridge. On some ships the bartender is required to take the caps off of all of them which prevents doing that. Nobody is going to store open bottles in fridge obviously. 

That is why I always carry these.   They are great for almost any bottle of, soda , or wine

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A195226A-BD8B-4D37-B796-817EA588EA46.png