Is there a dedicated Captains Club phone number?

dreams_of_travel

I book a few cruises a year, (yes, I am aware this is CC, and people here book many cruises, and often. LOL!)  and just noticed I somehow have gotten a second Captains Club loyalty number.  Somewhere between a cruise I booked in 2021, and a few months afterwards a new loyalty number has been attached to me.  I do want to get this fixed at some point.  Both show the same loyalty level on my booking emails, so I'm wondering what happened.  Is there a dedicated Captains Club phone number?  I just need someone who can look at what happened, and give back my original loyalty number. 

Meanwhile, I just got off of the strangest phone call with Princess.  I called the listed 800 phone number on the Princess site to ask about fixing this loyalty number issue.  The agent was unable to help, but suggested I call an 800 number that she provided.  It did not sound like a US number, so I googled it.  It was a Russian phone number.  Wait, what?  I questioned the location of the number she gave, which then caused her to give me another 800 number that appeared to be somewhere in SE Asia. I do understand that outsourcing is a thing, but this seemed really odd.  Any insight about this? 

1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I book a few cruises a year, (yes, I am aware this is CC, and people here book many cruises, and often. LOL!)  and just noticed I somehow have gotten a second Captains Club loyalty number.  Somewhere between a cruise I booked in 2021, and a few months afterwards a new loyalty number has been attached to me.  I do want to get this fixed at some point.  Both show the same loyalty level on my booking emails, so I'm wondering what happened.  Is there a dedicated Captains Club phone number?  I just need someone who can look at what happened, and give back my original loyalty number. 

Meanwhile, I just got off of the strangest phone call with Princess.  I called the listed 800 phone number on the Princess site to ask about fixing this loyalty number issue.  The agent was unable to help, but suggested I call an 800 number that she provided.  It did not sound like a US number, so I googled it.  It was a Russian phone number.  Wait, what?  I questioned the location of the number she gave, which then caused her to give me another 800 number that appeared to be somewhere in SE Asia. I do understand that outsourcing is a thing, but this seemed really odd.  Any insight about this? 

Doesn’t sound right.  Are you sure you called 1 800 Princess?

How do you know It was a Russian phone no?  A SE Asia no?  They said they were located there?

It is Captains Circle, not Captains Club. You may have confused the clerical workers by using the incorrect terminology.

The phone numbers are:

United States: 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237)
Canada: 1-800-LOVEBOAT (1-800-568-3262)
Australia: 13 24 88
New Zealand: 0800 780 717
United Kingdom: 0344 3388 674

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Doesn’t sound right.  Are you sure you called 1 800 Princess?

How do you know It was a Russian phone no?  A SE Asia no?  They said they were located there?

Yes, I dialed the 800 Princess number.  While Google is not the end all for searching things, it was weird that a search didn't turn up anything related to Princess.  I'll try again later with the 800 Princess number.  For reference she gave me 800 -130 - XXXX.  That's quite an odd number to start with.  YMMV

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

It is Captains Circle, not Captains Club. You may have confused the clerical workers by using the incorrect terminology.

The phone numbers are:

United States: 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237)
Canada: 1-800-LOVEBOAT (1-800-568-3262)
Australia: 13 24 88
New Zealand: 0800 780 717
United Kingdom: 0344 3388 674

You are correct, I misspoke calling it Captains Club and not Captains Circle.   I will try again tomorrow.  Perhaps I will get someone who can properly transfer me to the correct number to fix the loyalty number. 

I remember years ago one of the loyalty perks was a direct phone line to the captains circle department. I never used it or made note of it and a quick google search just now didn’t find it.

I also googled the loyalty perks and it shows it’s available from Ruby onwards.“Exclusive shore side access to captains circle help desk phone line”… but nowhere can I see what that number is.

1 hour ago, cdngrl said:

I also googled the loyalty perks and it shows it’s available from Ruby onwards.“Exclusive shore side access to captains circle help desk phone line”… but nowhere can I see what that number is.

The number doesn't exist, therefore this Ruby perk doesn't exist. Princess was probably scraping for a perk to include for Ruby status, thinking nobody would ever inquire about the non-existent number.

When I chatted with Princess a while back they had no idea what this "exclusive" number was and kept referring me to 1-800-PRINCESS.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

I am pretty sure that Princess has recently started using a call center in Asia.

I recently called as I couldn't enter my flights into the website and I am pretty sure I got the call center in Asia.

Update:  I called in this morning and got a super helpful agent.  He eventually transferred me directly to the Loyalty dept.  Before the transfer I asked about direct numbers to various depts.  He said that those had been done away with.  (Which should surprise exactly no one here at CC. LOL!).   

The Loyalty agent was stellar.  She truly tried to figure out what happened/why I had another Capts Circle number, which suddenly started after Oct 2021.  She mentioned that she had one last thing to try, to restore my old number, and would call back if it was successful.  Restoring the old number may not be possible but none of my cruise history is gone, so it may be moot.  It would just be nice to have my original number back as it matches the rest of my family.  YMMV

Thanks for the previous replies about the correct Princess phone numbers, etc.  It truly was a case of HUACA (hang up and call again) to get a knowledgeable agent.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Update:  I called in this morning and got a super helpful agent.  He eventually transferred me directly to the Loyalty dept.  Before the transfer I asked about direct numbers to various depts.  He said that those had been done away with.  (Which should surprise exactly no one here at CC. LOL!).   

The Loyalty agent was stellar.  She truly tried to figure out what happened/why I had another Capts Circle number, which suddenly started after Oct 2021.  She mentioned that she had one last thing to try, to restore my old number, and would call back if it was successful.  Restoring the old number may not be possible but none of my cruise history is gone, so it may be moot.  It would just be nice to have my original number back as it matches the rest of my family.  YMMV

Thanks for the previous replies about the correct Princess phone numbers, etc.  It truly was a case of HUACA (hang up and call again) to get a knowledgeable agent.  

Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 1