Dec. 2-10, 2023 Symphony of the Seas

First Royal cruise.  Hear so many wonderful things.  Any input/suggestions, etc. would be wonderful.  Just started booking process today so not sure about room, etc.  Would really like to hear from anyone booked on this cruise or who has been on this ship.  All responses would be great!!!  Looking forward to meeting new people and having an amazing time.

1 hour ago, Fuggedaboutit said:

First Royal cruise.  Hear so many wonderful things.  Any input/suggestions, etc. would be wonderful.  Just started booking process today so not sure about room, etc.  Would really like to hear from anyone booked on this cruise or who has been on this ship.  All responses would be great!!!  Looking forward to meeting new people and having an amazing time.

The Symphony is a beautiful ship.   We really liked it's layout as well.  

Central park is lovely and there is live music in the evening (solo guitarist for example)   You will find bars and some specialty dining there. We especially enjoyed 150 Central Park. 

Playmakers is a sports bar over in the Boardwalk. For a smaller upcharge you can enjoy a really great burger. It's a large portion.   Next time we will share. 

El Loco Fresh is included and yummy as well. (gets crowded)

The soft serve machine on the pool deck is a popular spot. 

The Solarium is a quieter, more relaxing environment. Its for ages 16 and up only.  Its our favorite spot on sea days  It has a nice bar.  Make sure to check it out at night when its lit up.   The Solarium Bistro is good as well.  . 

The running track on deck 5 has some quiet seating with ocean views as well as shuffleboard and Ping-Pong.  Shouldn't have told you because now everyone knows lol

Trivia is fun at the Schooner bar.  Oh! Their Lavender Martini

Boleros - Coconut mojito; my before dinner cocktail 

The comedians are usual good as well.  

Don't miss the Aqua Theater show!

Speaking about shows, make whatever reservations you can before your cruise.  I think this can be done for some but not all entertainment  at about 30 days before your cruise .

Also make any specialty dining reservations you might want. ( you don't have to wait until 30days before  to do this)  You can make them when you first board the ship but I'm not sure how booked up they are by then.  

Log in to your cruise as often as you can to check the prices for drink packages, dining, excursions etc.  Maybe you will catch a great sale.    

These are just some of our favorite things about the Symphony.   There is so much I didn't cover or missed.  I'm sure you will get a lot of feedback here from other cruisers and I hope it helps you plan a great cruise.

We were just on this ship in February and loved it! D.dee covers many of my thoughts but cannot stress enough booking your entertainment and speciality dining as soon as you can. Also, if doing my time dining, make sure you have a time selected. That sounds contradictory, but we did not have one. We showed up at 445-5 each night and never waited too long to get in but would have preferred to have a time.

There is free coffee off to the right of the bistro beside guest services on Deck 5. The name of that place escapes me but you don't have to wait in line and just go over and get it. We loved the piano music at Schooner. 

I'll try and think of any other tips and tricks, but you will have a blast! 

1 hour ago, AbeFroman2 said:

We were just on this ship in February and loved it! D.dee covers many of my thoughts but cannot stress enough booking your entertainment and speciality dining as soon as you can. Also, if doing my time dining, make sure you have a time selected. That sounds contradictory, but we did not have one. We showed up at 445-5 each night and never waited too long to get in but would have preferred to have a time.

There is free coffee off to the right of the bistro beside guest services on Deck 5. The name of that place escapes me but you don't have to wait in line and just go over and get it. We loved the piano music at Schooner. 

The sausage king of Chicago knows....

10 hours ago, d.dee said:

The Symphony is a beautiful ship.   We really liked it's layout as well.  

Central park is lovely and there is live music in the evening (solo guitarist for example)   You will find bars and some specialty dining there. We especially enjoyed 150 Central Park. 

Playmakers is a sports bar over in the Boardwalk. For a smaller upcharge you can enjoy a really great burger. It's a large portion.   Next time we will share. 

El Loco Fresh is included and yummy as well. (gets crowded)

The soft serve machine on the pool deck is a popular spot. 

The Solarium is a quieter, more relaxing environment. Its for ages 16 and up only.  Its our favorite spot on sea days  It has a nice bar.  Make sure to check it out at night when its lit up.   The Solarium Bistro is good as well.  . 

The running track on deck 5 has some quiet seating with ocean views as well as shuffleboard and Ping-Pong.  Shouldn't have told you because now everyone knows lol

Trivia is fun at the Schooner bar.  Oh! Their Lavender Martini

Boleros - Coconut mojito; my before dinner cocktail 

The comedians are usual good as well.  

Don't miss the Aqua Theater show!

Speaking about shows, make whatever reservations you can before your cruise.  I think this can be done for some but not all entertainment  at about 30 days before your cruise .

Also make any specialty dining reservations you might want. ( you don't have to wait until 30days before  to do this)  You can make them when you first board the ship but I'm not sure how booked up they are by then.  

Log in to your cruise as often as you can to check the prices for drink packages, dining, excursions etc.  Maybe you will catch a great sale.    

These are just some of our favorite things about the Symphony.   There is so much I didn't cover or missed.  I'm sure you will get a lot of feedback here from other cruisers and I hope it helps you plan a great cruise.

Great information d.dee, thank you so much!!!

10 hours ago, AbeFroman2 said:

Thanks AbeF.  I will definitely find that coffee spot!!