Mykonos Greece things to do..

sweetbasil57

Basic ideas for DIY would be to just explore Mykonos town, checking out the windmills and the restaurants along the water.  Some people head out to the beaches; there are public buses that you can take.  Some people head to Delos to check out the ruins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve read of people renting ATVs or cars and exploring the island.

Personally for a first visit strolling the town and all its nooks and crannies along with a nice lunch and adult beverage would be my recommendation. Unless you are into history and ruins — if you are, Delos should not be missed. It was a major deal in antiquity: a sanctuary, a center of banking and trading etc. in both Greek and Roman times. You can buy a ticket in town for a combination ferry ride to Delos and guided tour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brenin, Mykonos is a big beach destination, with the big Party Beach Clubs.

If you are interested in going to a beach, you would want to do a little research to see which beach or which restaurant or beach club is best for you.

We are leaning towards Psarou beach, walking the path and roadway the short distance over to Platis Gialos beach.  There are a couple of recommended restaurants there.

There is one beach area near where the cruise ship should be docked.  (Not sure about tendering)

All other beaches would require some transportation.

Do note that you probably wont be able to just get a taxi to these beaches.

There are very very few available.

You might want to look into arranging transportation if you want to head out to a beach.

There are bus routes.  You would go and find the right bus stop there in Mykonos Town.

Cruises usually offer  beach-day excursions.

These probably do not include the beach loungers.

Loungers can be sold out early during the summer high season.

You might want to make sure you have loungers reserved in advance.

The bigger and most popular beach clubs can ask more than 100EU for a pair of loungers.

When we were in Mykonos last Sept on the Gem, we were supposed to tender and Jade would dock. But instead, we got the dock.  It was an easy short walk to the port entrance where we took a free shuttle into town, maybe 10 minutes tops.  There's also a seabus that follows the same route, 2E  I think, so we took that on the way back.

l

Was the Free shuttle provided by Jade cruiselines or Myknos port to go to Town Chora. I am looking for reliable ways to get to Chora and any closer beach from there with boardwalk meals and some beach time for 3 hours. Thanks

On 4/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Brenin, Mykonos is a big beach destination, with the big Party Beach Clubs.

If you are interested in going to a beach, you would want to do a little research to see which beach or which restaurant or beach club is best for you.

We are leaning towards Psarou beach, walking the path and roadway the short distance over to Platis Gialos beach.  There are a couple of recommended restaurants there.

There is one beach area near where the cruise ship should be docked.  (Not sure about tendering)

All other beaches would require some transportation.

Do note that you probably wont be able to just get a taxi to these beaches.

There are very very few available.

You might want to look into arranging transportation if you want to head out to a beach.

There are bus routes.  You would go and find the right bus stop there in Mykonos Town.

Cruises usually offer  beach-day excursions.

These probably do not include the beach loungers.

Loungers can be sold out early during the summer high season.

You might want to make sure you have loungers reserved in advance.

The bigger and most popular beach clubs can ask more than 100EU for a pair of loungers.

hi, how do you plan to execute this route…bus taxi etc from cruise port Tourlos..?

…..We are leaning towards Psarou beach, walking the path and roadway the short distance over to Platis Gialos beach.  There are a couple of recommended restaurants there….

I am not an expert...  Just doing a LOT of research and planning.

I have not heard of any set shuttle bus from the Port into Chora.

I do know that Agios Stefanos beach is the closest and might be walkable.

No big beach clubs there, but one restaurant/cafe/taverna that rents beach loungers.

If we do plan to go to Psarou, as described, then we would have pre-arranged transportation.

We have even looked into nearby hotels as well.

Our cruise ship excursions only offer Super Paradise and Elia.

Anyone might want to check the available excursions, in case there is one that would get you where you want to be, without using the bus or arranging for private transportation.  These transfer services are not cheap.

Taxis are limited in number, and can be hard to get.

The two transportation options that I am looking at are WelcomePickups, and the iMove app.  Which is kind of like an uber.  I think one can book transportation on iMove before you get to Mykonos.  But I am not sure on how that works.

From what I am seeing, it looks like the docks at Mykonos can handle two large cruise ships.

My guess would be that if you are one of the first two ships arriving that day, then you would be docked at the New Port.  It is possible that the ships that are selected to be docked are NOT first come first served.  Hopefully your ships information on the itinerary will show that your ship will be docked there, or not.