OBC towards drink package

2flacruisers

I booked the Divina a while back, with no drink package, and with our Gold status received a 5% discount each on the price of the cruise, plus $50.00 each.  I am call to purchase the premium drink package outright. If we do, can we use the $100.00 to offset the price of the package?  I was thinking this was the best option, without having to re-price the current price of the cruise.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, 2flacruisers said:

I booked the Divina a while back, with no drink package, and with our Gold status received a 5% discount each on the price of the cruise, plus $50.00 each.  I am call to purchase the premium drink package outright. If we do, can we use the $100.00 to offset the price of the package?  I was thinking this was the best option, without having to re-price the current price of the cruise.  Any thoughts?

The $100 you have is On Board Credit, and is precisely what it says on the tin! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

In your scenario, the only thing you can do if you want to apply the OBC is to do nothing and purchase the drink package on board.  That goes on your bill, and the OBC will be taken towards that.  Keep in mind that the base price of the package is likely to be higher, though, and you will incur a 15% service charge.  Were I in your situation, I would pre-purchase the package, and then apply the OBC to incidentals and the Hotel Service fees. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JAGR said:

In your scenario, the only thing you can do if you want to apply the OBC is to do nothing and purchase the drink package on board.  That goes on your bill, and the OBC will be taken towards that.  Keep in mind that the base price of the package is likely to be higher, though, and you will incur a 15% service charge.  Were I in your situation, I would pre-purchase the package, and then apply the OBC to incidentals and the Hotel Service fees. 

Just one more thing you need to consider is the length of your cruise. On US 3-night sailings you currently CANNOT purchase a drink package on board. To get a drink package it must be included in your booking. 

• Like 1