Arvia in A Coruna

sowhat33

We will be in A Coruna on May 16, 2023 (not on the Arvia) and, if we have the minimum number, are tentatively signed up for a shore excursion to Santiago de Compostela with Spain Day Tours which have been highly recommended on Cruise Critic and other traveler sites . If this interests anyone, sign up directly with Spain Day Tours . Here is the information - 

A Coruna Tuesday, May 16th  8:30 all day tour.  Pick up at port.  79 euros/person.  Tour to Santiago de Compostela.  We will start the day by driving through the scenic Galician countryside towards the town of Santiago de Compostela (which means “Field of Stars”).  When we reach the town of Santiago de Compostela we will begin a comprehensive guided walking tour of the old and well-preserved historic town. We will recommend a typical place for lunch and give you some time on your own to visit inside the Cathedral before we make our way back to the ship in time for departure.  

I've done Santiago De Compestela from Vigo on Iona and I'm sure I paid less than that on a P&O tour. I *think* I was on 'Stantiago De Compestela On your Own' but it definitely included a comprehensive walking city tour. 

Edited by swanseaboy
  • Like 1

One of the advantages of SDT, is that each tour group is a maximum of 16 people. I'd happily pay extra (and have done so recently in Bilbao) to be in a smaller number, rather than a group of 50 on a P&O excursion.

To the OP - is there a roll call for your cruise,  either on this forum,  or on the other well known SM forum ? Asking there might be more fruitful. 

I have done two tours from ships to Santiago over the years, and one included a lunch and the other a tapas type lunch at the Parador,  Hostal de los  Reyes Catolicos (sp?) in the cathedral square.  Both were excellent, and generous, and the hotel is lovely.  I don't know how it would be to go there  on your own, however, probably pricey,  but it gets excellent reviews. The cathedral is lovely.