Live—millennium—21 April-6May—2023 — have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

Just now, mahdnc said:

I meant to ask you this question earlier about this sailing.  Did you find it odd that the first EC night occurred on Day 3 when Day 2 was a sea day?

Not really.  It’s a 15 night cruise and they just arranged a little differently than the usual pattern, but not a big deal.  Our second chic night is tonight.

6:30 AM arrival time at this port man up early due to the sound of the lines being deployed to tie us up to the dock.

At the port stop briefing, they stressed not to leave the port area except on a shore excursion.  Apparently there is some petty crime and independent exploration is not encouraged

A33108F2-F9F6-4FDA-96CB-93D9ECA405FB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

6:30 AM arrival time at this port man up early due to the sound of the lines being deployed to tie us up to the dock.

At the port stop briefing, they stressed not to leave the port area except on a shore excursion.  Apparently there is some petty crime and independent exploration is not encouraged

We picked up on that as well.  We figured one 7+ hour excursion for this cruise is enough and just plan to go to the little shopping area where the ship is docked.

It was strange getting out of bed a 0700 and listing to the Sarah, the cruise director, announce that the gangway was open for all guest.  Make for a relaxing start to the day.  

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We picked up on that as well.  We figured one 7+ hour excursion for this cruise is enough and just plan to go to the little shopping area where the ship is docked.

It was strange getting out of bed a 0700 and listing to the Sarah, the cruise director, announce that the gangway was open for all guest.  Make for a relaxing start to the day.  

Is there something nearby? Wasn't planning on doing anything today (not that I do much the remainder of the days either).

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Is there something nearby? Wasn't planning on doing anything today (not that I do much the remainder of the days either).

We walked off the ship and went to the area at the end of the pier and pursued the stalls for about an hour.  The wife bought a ‘little something’ for herself at the Jade place and we picked up a couple of refrigerator magnets for our collection.  About an hour spend ashore before we were ready for a cold drink and air conditioning 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Following the ship….why are you in Acapulco?

Diverted to Acapulco because of a sick passenger that needs to be taken ashore.

I just reported on another thread but wanted to posted here, too, that I just had the worst disembarkation for people needing wheelchair assistance— worst of any cruise. Not enough pushers, not enough chairs, it was a real nightmare. Earlier there had been lots of delays due to customs and immigration problems, but this was not C & I’d fault— it was entirely the staff’s fault on millennium

On 5/6/2023 at 2:24 PM, cruisestitch said:

I just reported on another thread but wanted to posted here, too, that I just had the worst disembarkation for people needing wheelchair assistance— worst of any cruise. Not enough pushers, not enough chairs, it was a real nightmare. Earlier there had been lots of delays due to customs and immigration problems, but this was not C & I’d fault— it was entirely the staff’s fault on millennium

I agree.  Even for Retreat guest, the Retreat Host were having a difficult time getting pusher's for their wheelchair guest.  There were two people waiting in wheelchairs in the Retreat and the on pusher had to take them one at a time.  Definitely poor planning on Celebrity's part. 

I wonder how many wheelchair guest there were on our cruise?  Maybe there was an unusually high amount and that's what resulted in the issue.  I have no way of knowing and did not pay that much attention while on the cruise.

It’s hard to say if they were more wheelchair users than usual but the procedure they had for wheelchairs was definitely inadequate. Passengers were told to go to the martini bar at the time that their number was called. Number 23 was called but people with numbers 5 and 6 still had not left the martini bar, awaiting assistance.  

I think the bigger problem was because they had no idea how many wheelchair assistance passengers there were, there was no way to plan how many wheelchairs would be needed.

asking people to make the request in advance would have helped them to plan.

At the point where the announcement came that all numbers had been called and all passengers should be off the ship, there were still more than 10 people waiting for wheelchair assistance.

Edited by cruisestitch