Understanding just a little bit more about how the bidding process works......

Shippy

Won our bid on the cruise we took 2 months ago, 33 days before we sailed. Got an email saying the bid was successful.

Yesterday, we learned that our bid for our next cruise...33 days from now... was successful. No email saying so just a new sailing contract with the new cabin number.

Once I book a cruise, I continue to look at the availability of different cabin categories. Just a habit. Wondering about how full the ship is. Sometimes changing location.of my cabin.

About 2 weeks ago, there were 7  S4 penthouses available & over a dozen balconies. It had showed that for quite awhile.

All of a sudden, the next day, they were all gone. Obviously, no one booked them all. Only inside & outside cabins have remained.

I mentioned that to my husband. He said that there was probably a closing date where Princess turns them over to the 3rd party company that assigns the winning bids.....So, it looks like all those cabins were gone but they were not.

Makes sense, since yesterday we got the S4 Penthouse I bid on a month ago.

We bid in the minimum amount area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Thanks...will do. Just thought that was getting soooooo long     :O)

7 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I agree.   I've stopped reading that thread, just for that reason.   

I thought the idea was that it was the collection spot to report results of bidding on a cabin.  I would just ignore all the older stuff and just read the most recent posts which are going to be most relevant to the current situation.  At least that is how I would treat such a thread topic.  Same thing with DMW and Medallion/Princess App threads - the stuff from two years ago isn't so relevant (except I imagine one would find a lot of the same problems from then as exist today).

ETA:  If CC had a "weeding" job or process, they could erase any posts older than two years in any thread for relevancy sake.  Also, at this point in life, what is useful from pre-Covid in forum threads?

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shippy said:

Yesterday, we learned that our bid for our next cruise...33 days from now... was successful. No email saying so just a new sailing contract with the new cabin number

Grats. I think you are our Crown sailing.