Taste of Royal Lunch - Grandeur of the Seas

We sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas last October and tried all of the specialty dining restaurants during our cruise, including the Chef's Table and Taste of Royal lunch. Izumi was my favorite restaurant on the ship, an unbelievably delicious meal with fantastic service, quality and presentation plus the best location for watching the sunset while dining.

On our final sea day we went to the Taste of Royal lunch which we'd booked on the cruise planner before embarkation for $29 each. After reviewing the menu, we decided to order the wine pairing for an additional $20 each (we don't buy drink packages). Nothing could show up Izumi, specifically on Grandeur, but if I was to recommend one specialty meal on Royal Caribbean to a newbie, Taste of Royal would be it. The value is great!

We made a short video of the experience and dishes served, which I will share below. I have been on several Royal Caribbean ships since this meal and none have served our coffee creamer steamed like they always did in the specialty restaurants on Grandeur. Is that unique to the Grandeur, or maybe we just got lucky with servers who took the time for that extra touch? We loved it!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

We enjoyed Taste of Royal on the Odyssey.  Wine pairing was great.  Made for a "relaxing" afternoon😁

I agree - very relaxing experience, especially with a table by the window! I think we will do this lunch in the future because it's such a great price and nice way to spend a sea day afternoon. 

Just now, So_Tweetie said:

Will you have the drink package (if you drink)?

No but I get 5 free drinks anywhere, anytime I can use for this. A couple white wine choices works for me. I dont drink red wine. 

I'm just randomly picking meals for sept and the nov/dec b2b2b.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

No but I get 5 free drinks anywhere, anytime I can use for this. A couple white wine choices works for me. I dont drink red wine. 

I'm just randomly picking meals for sept and the nov/dec b2b2b.  

I haven't been on Harmony yet, but am sure Taste of Royal is a great choice. Enjoy!

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have this booked on harmony in nov this year. Cant be bogo because its last steady, day 7. 

28.99 plus 18% was 34.20. Total. 

When does it show up on cruise planner?  I thought I would need to wait until aboard.  I am hoping to reserve it on Symphony.

8 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

When does it show up on cruise planner?  I thought I would need to wait until aboard.  I am hoping to reserve it on Symphony.

Yes it's on your cruise planner. The price seems stuck at 28.99. If it goes down I can cancel and rebook. This is for nov 26 harmony actually, but I can see it even way out for oct 2024 harmony. Lol same price. Been watching the price and its stuck. 

20230421_125713509.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

We sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas last October and tried all of the specialty dining restaurants during our cruise, including the Chef's Table and Taste of Royal lunch. Izumi was my favorite restaurant on the ship, an unbelievably delicious meal with fantastic service, quality and presentation plus the best location for watching the sunset while dining.

On our final sea day we went to the Taste of Royal lunch which we'd booked on the cruise planner before embarkation for $29 each. After reviewing the menu, we decided to order the wine pairing for an additional $20 each (we don't buy drink packages). Nothing could show up Izumi, specifically on Grandeur, but if I was to recommend one specialty meal on Royal Caribbean to a newbie, Taste of Royal would be it. The value is great!

We made a short video of the experience and dishes served, which I will share below. I have been on several Royal Caribbean ships since this meal and none have served our coffee creamer steamed like they always did in the specialty restaurants on Grandeur. Is that unique to the Grandeur, or maybe we just got lucky with servers who took the time for that extra touch? We loved it!  

Thanks for sharing, so table mates had it on Radiance cruise and raved about it.  I am thinking of trying it when I am back on board in August.  Thanks for the video and review.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 6:21 PM, Cherful59 said:

Thanks for sharing, so table mates had it on Radiance cruise and raved about it.  I am thinking of trying it when I am back on board in August.  Thanks for the video and review.

Happy to hear you're considering the lunch, it's truly worth the price and a great way to sample the offerings from several venues!