What Toiletries in Volendam Oceanview Cabins

cidymom

For recent cruisers on HAL Volendam Oceanview staterooms, can you confirm what toiletries you get in the bathroom.  The room description I found on the HAL website for an oceanview room says Elemis soap, lotion and shampoo.  Do they not give you conditioner and body wash on the wall-mounted dispensers?  I saw a Youtube video on the Zaandam which is similar to the Volendam and it had three wall-mounted dispensers.  Would someone confirm.  I'm hoping to pack light and not bother bringing toiletries if Volendam has Elemis shampoo, conditioner and body wash.  Thanks in advance for your input.

59 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

On NS, they did not provide bar soap, only the liquid soap in the dispensers. I prefer bar soap, wondering if we can request a bar of soap or do we need to pack 1?

I always pack my own bar of soap.  I have never asked 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Banditswife said:

On NS, they did not provide bar soap, only the liquid soap in the dispensers. I prefer bar soap, wondering if we can request a bar of soap or do we need to pack 1?

Pack it.  It takes little space and you have the soap that you want.

• Like 1

My husband has only 1 hand literally.  So for him trying to pump it out of that dispenser was a bit difficult, but he managed.  I ended up buying bar soap in port.  I will remember to pack a bar of soap from now on if they can't provide it.  

When on NS Nov/Dec of 2022 there was a small round bar of soap, but when on NS in March/April of this year there was no soap- so this must be a new cut back.  Or maybe they just used up whatever they had left.

Edited by Banditswife

I keep a full size bar of soap and travel sizes of everything else in my shaving kit. Not just for cruises, but all the time. It's the old Boy Scout "Be Prepared" The thing.

I always pack bar soap - I love Elemis products, but for some reason the shower gel is kind of drying for me, and anyway I've never been a "gel" person.  When they had the round Elemis bar soap, it was just as drying as the gel, thus my years long habit of packing bar soap for cruises.  If I don't have a small bar I've saved from some hotel or other (and as someone mentioned even those are going extinct) I bring a half or more "used" bar from home and just toss it after my last onboard shower.  

Edited by Moriah