Can you bring snacks onboard?

Nataly1982

1 hour ago, dfilpus said:

We take unopened smacks on board to take with us on port days where we are touring on on own 

You should check with the port.  They may frown on bringing even unopened snacks ashore.  You don't want to run afould of that.

26 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You should check with the port.  They may frown on bringing even unopened snacks ashore.  You don't want to run afould of that.

Agreed. NCL doesn’t care, but the ports may.

3 hours ago, Nataly1982 said:

Hi. Is it ok to bring unopened crisps & candies onboard? I know there’s so much food, but sometimes I just want to have a bar of Snickers. 

Yes. Sealed crips and candied can be brought onboard at the embarkation port

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/what-to-bring

What can't I bring onboard?

Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

31 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

@BirdTravels

Please stop quoting the rules to people.  You break these rules too.  Here is a screen shot of your post where you tell us about taking the M&Ms off the ship. 

It is unimportant whether or not a specific individual adheres to these rules.  What is important is that anyone considering taking products into a country understand that the country may have rules/laws in place that govern this activity.  Violating these rules can be a very serious offense and the country may impose quite harsh penalties to include very large fines or even jail time.  

Here is an example for what may result:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-customs-fined-500-bringing-apple-delta-us/story?id=54663462

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

@BirdTravels

Please stop quoting the rules to people.  You break these rules too.  Here is a screen shot of your post where you tell us about taking the M&Ms off the ship. 
36B51DE3-968E-4854-B4D8-80F44842E485.thumb.png.bc69899335d05e992f48e733c57a019b.png

Oh wow, so in Haven you can get haribos, M&S and bar mix served by butler?? 

I’ll chance bringing these snacks onboard and create Haven experience in an Inside cabin 😄😄😄

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

Oh wow, so in Haven you can get haribos, M&S and bar mix served by butler?? 

I’ll chance bringing these snacks onboard and create Haven experience in an Inside cabin 😄😄😄

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

It is unimportant whether or not a specific individual adheres to these rules.  What is important is that anyone considering taking products into a country understand that the country may have rules/laws in place that govern this activity.  Violating these rules can be a very serious offense and the country may impose quite harsh penalties to include very large fines or even jail time.  

Here is an example for what may result:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-customs-fined-500-bringing-apple-delta-us/story?id=54663462

I believe @YVRteacher's point was not about breaking any rules, but one should not constantly state rules for everyone to follow but then admittedly disregard them for themselves.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I believe @YVRteacher's point was not about breaking any rules, but one should not constantly state rules for everyone to follow but then admittedly disregard them for themselves.   

Whether someone follows the rules is irrelevant to the fact that the rules prohibit certain activities and the consequences for violating those rules can be severe.  

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

@BirdTravels

People want to know if they can bring food on/off the ship. The answer is no. Full stop.

Who follows the rules and when is totally irrelevant. The answer is still no. Full stop.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

There is a difference between bringing food on/off the ship in port and at the homeport. It's opened packages and fresh fruits/vegetables that are banned. DH husband didn't know this and had to throw away a carton of roasted almonds he bought at a market in Mexico, because he was bringing food, not hermetically sealed, onboard. I've seen people standing by the ship trying to finish their Conch fritters that they bought in Nassau. Our CD told us unopened packages are OK. I have never had a problem bringing unopened packages of candy, juice, or gluten free granola bars. My husband is diabetic and subject to seizures in the middle of the night when his blood sugar drops. He takes the bars on shore excursions with his glucose tabs in case he tanks during the excursion. Nobody has ever, in 19 years of cruising out of North America, Australia, or Europe, confiscated my unopened snacks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1