Is Marella letting standards slip?

8 hours ago, Brummijam said:

The post that I put up as an example (post no5) does mention Scottish and northern English passengers, but not in a derogatory way as far as I can tell.

I have enjoyed many cruises meeting other pax from all over the United Kingdom and never had any problems whatsoever. (Apart from some understanding some very broad accents)😂  We are so lucky to live in the UK in that wherever we go we can always find friendly aproachable people.

The original post was regarding Marella /TUI standards rather than its guests.😉

The post #5 you quoted also included the term `working class` which some might, rightly, take as a derogatory term. (Why else would anybody say it ?) I bet they wouldn`t say it face to face to a fellow passenger.

Anyway, happy cruising everyone and let`s all get along nicely 🙂 wherever you`re from and whatever `class` you belong to......life`s too short.  

56 minutes ago, oscarshep said:

The post #5 you quoted also included the term `working class` which some might, rightly, take as a derogatory term. (Why else would anybody say it ?) I bet they wouldn`t say it face to face to a fellow passenger.

Anyway, happy cruising everyone and let`s all get along nicely 🙂 wherever you`re from and whatever `class` you belong to......life`s too short.  

I am working class and 100% proud of it, how anyone could find it derogatory to be called such is beyond me. Do you or have you ever Worked in your life? If so like it or not you are working class.🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Brummijam I think your reaction is exactly why the term 'working class' should not have been used to describe the fellow passengers referred to in the post you quoted. It's obviously got your gander up. I wasn't offended but some could be as you've shown here. I assume the person posting considered themselves above 'working class' and that's why they used the term in the context in which they did in their post. I'm back at work on Monday by the way, 40 years in the same job👍

Geezo

Just for the record,I,m a proud working(ex)class scotsman and not offended by anything posted regards Scots or working class on this thread or said to me in person

Sadly we walk on egg shells  in a society of easily offended

We are all Jock Tamsons bairns after all

Those of English  persuasion will need to google that 🤣

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Geezo

Just for the record,I,m a proud working(ex)class scotsman and not offended by anything posted regards Scots or working class on this thread or said to me in person

Sadly we walk on egg shells  in a society of easily offended

We are all Jock Tamsons bairns after all

Those of English  persuasion will need to google that 🤣

The human race..😜

God bless Google, everyone’s friend. 😂

Keep well Jim.

Up the Workers.🫣😂

Edited by Brummijam

A few year ago on canary sail away 2 elderly men starting fighting over one pinching the others drink ! it was all inclusive , after breaking up the scrap I said to one that this was going to be the last TUI cruise . Not any more always something entertaining going on

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Scotstravellers said:

This is my first ever cruise...I'm a very proud Scot and also working class. Maybe I should be be looking at going to Millport rather than Marella 🤔🤣

Ignore all of this daftness.

I am sure you will enjoy your first cruise, only problem is it gets quite addictive😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scotstravellers said:

This is my first ever cruise...I'm a very proud Scot and also working class. Maybe I should be be looking at going to Millport rather than Marella 🤔🤣

You might be wishing you went to Millport after your cruise 😉😅

Seriously,,sure you,ll have a whale of a time and as B says,it becomes addictive

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Rebel Rouser said:

After 54 cruises, mainly with Island Cruises/Thomson/Marella and the odd 1s with MSC/Royal Caribbean/P&O Still can't get the hang of this drinking malarkey 😇

Practice is the key.😂

7 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

After 54 cruises, mainly with Island Cruises/Thomson/Marella and the odd 1s with MSC/Royal Caribbean/P&O Still can't get the hang of this drinking malarkey 😇

Order a drink,pick up glass,open mouth,swallow

Easy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We went on discovery 2 last year (inside cabin last minute for £630) followed by a far more expensive cruise in a suite on NCL epic. The Marella cruise won hands down. In terms of food it was the best we’ve had, the service, entertainment excellent and the people we met so so friendly. Contrast that with the food etc on Epic that’s was deplorable even in the speciality restaurants I mean virtually inedible . I keep looking at Marella again for this year but the prices have gone so high I’m finding it so much cheaper with P&O especially now they have introduced a drinks package, shame as we enjoyed ourselves so much last year

2 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

We went on discovery 2 last year (inside cabin last minute for £630) followed by a far more expensive cruise in a suite on NCL epic. The Marella cruise won hands down. In terms of food it was the best we’ve had, the service, entertainment excellent and the people we met so so friendly. Contrast that with the food etc on Epic that’s was deplorable even in the speciality restaurants I mean virtually inedible . I keep looking at Marella again for this year but the prices have gone so high I’m finding it so much cheaper with P&O especially now they have introduced a drinks package, shame as we enjoyed ourselves so much last year

Thing is you don’t need a drink package. Is pub prices u pay here. And not watered down . But I agree Marella are getting too expensive over PO. We found that out in February on Arvia. So so much cheaper for Caribbean cruuse

I cancelled my 2 14 night Marella cruises for this year which would have cost about £7000 for an ocean view cabin. I no longer wish to fly and my now low drinks consumption do not justify the high prices. A P&O Arvia 14 night cruise I have just completed cost me £1940 for an excellent balcony cabin,single occupancy, almost a suite on deck 17, with essentially a separate bedroom and an enormous balcony. I also had £285 onboard credit.

I would probably cruise Marella again if they returned to UK based cruises.

• Like 2

Was also looking at the Caribbean again for 2024 again £6000 for a standard balcony and two weeks cruising , done a dummy booking on P&0 web site £4500 plus £480 0n board spend, for a Balcony, the point is my wife is T.T. and only my self like a couple of pints, though i love marella and have done many cruises were it was pay as you go was fine by me i do think they are very expensive now.

Totally agree with you Saint. Choose Arvia , you won’t be disappointed.

Although saying that we are going to try for a third time to get to Cuba with Marella as there places we have always wanted to get to. The last two bookings there were cancelled due to covid and then the ship breaking down last February.