Reservations for shows

Roxy1010!

Traveling on the Escape this July.   Is it difficult to get reservations for shows?  If we do not reserve 21 days in advance, will it be impossible to get reservations while on board?  Also, where can I find out what shows are being offered on our cruise? Thx!

13 minutes ago, Roxy1010! said:

Traveling on the Escape this July.   Is it difficult to get reservations for shows?  If we do not reserve 21 days in advance, will it be impossible to get reservations while on board?  Also, where can I find out what shows are being offered on our cruise? Thx!

Look in the app or on the website for the particular shows on your cruise. I have never found it impossible to get into a show, reservation or not. You can book them once you get onboard the Escape at the kiosks near the elevators, at the box office or on embarkation day there is usually a venue to book comedy shows, howl at the moon, etc. There is also a standby line for the main shows that will let you in 10 minutes prior to the show starting. 

Others will tell you different but this has been my personal experience on multiple NCL cruises,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Easiest way to book shows is as soon as you get on the ship ask an employee where to go for entertainment reservations.  On our last couple of cruises, it has been in the comedy club venue.  If you get on the ship early, you will be able to get in and out in just a few minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roxy1010! said:

The only show that you can book in advance is Choir of Man. It will preform on two nights, 7:00 and 9:30. (800 seat theater * 4 performances = 3200 seats; Escape will probably be sailing around 4500-4800 guests at that time, so you should try to get reservations). You can always go standby and you will be allowed to enter the theater 10 minutes before show time and take whatever seats other people didn't want. 

BUT, 21 days prior to departure is also when your online check-in opens and you select a time to arrive at the port. If you delay, only late afternoon arrival times will be available. So log on, check-in, and book the Choir of Man. 

Once onboard, go to Headliner's Comedy Club (Deck 6 Mid-ship) to make reservations for shows (Choir of Man and Comedy Shows) along with a menu of all of the main entertainment. You can also book dinner shows in the Supper Club. Guest performers sign short contracts of a month or less, so entertainment is always changing. 

Choir of Man should not be missed. On other ships, they are back to "full contact performances", so you can go on stage before the show for a beer and meet the cast. And during the show, the cast will select audience members to be brought onto the stage and participate in the performance. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

We are on the Escape next week and booked all 4 Choir of Man shows as this is our favorite show NCL does.  We pre-booked this show  and it still has reservations as of today.  Definitely reserve for this show as soon as you board.  Cant say about the comedy shows. We dont go to those. 

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

BUT, 21 days prior to departure is also when your online check-in opens and you select a time to arrive at the port.

Our cruise is on14th May. In the app it currently says 22 days to go. Is it correct to assume check in will open today at midnight Eastern time? 

18 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We are on the Escape next week and booked all 4 Choir of Man shows as this is our favorite show NCL does.  We pre-booked this show  and it still has reservations as of today.  Definitely reserve for this show as soon as you board.  Cant say about the comedy shows. We dont go to those. 

Does pre-booking allow one to reserve more than one showing? I've wondered about this. Are some people able to see a certain show multiple times (or at least fill up the reservations multiple times) and that leaves some people not able to see at all? I get that it's a great show! I saw it on the Encore last September.