Joy Entertainment in June cancellations

Maplemoose

As per the NCL website, Footloose is cancelled the cruise of June 11th and Elements is cancelled the cruise of June 18th. Does anyone know why this is happening and more importantly if it foreshadows what it may mean for the post-June entertainment. I am booked for September and would cancel if I knew these shows would not be included. 

It’s possible they have a changeover of casts for both shows. But they didn’t used to cancel for an entire week when that happened pre covid. 
On my first 2 cruises one show had a new cast on the week I sailed, both times they shoved that show to the back end of the week so the cast could get accustomed to the layout of the theatre and backstage. 
For one show one of the women fell off a platform setup in the theatre seating and another tripped on the steps up to the stage in their very first performance aboard. There were a lot of bruises on those legs when I saw those cast members afterwards. 

On 4/23/2023 at 4:26 PM, Maplemoose said:

As per the NCL website, Footloose is cancelled the cruise of June 11th and Elements is cancelled the cruise of June 18th. Does anyone know why this is happening and more importantly if it foreshadows what it may mean for the post-June entertainment. I am booked for September and would cancel if I knew these shows would not be included. 

So sorry to hear this!  We are on the June 18th cruise and will really miss not being able to see Elements.  (saw it last year and it's a great show)

We were on the Joy last September and they cancelled Footloose for that cruise.  Did not give a reason but I suspect that the cast members were sick.  We did see Elements and is is a great show. We are scheduled again on the Joy on July 1st and were looking forward to seeing Footloose.  Hopefully, it is available for that sailing.  Will be very disappointed if it is cancelled. 

3 minutes ago, Woodholme Cruiser said:

We were on the Joy last September and they cancelled Footloose for that cruise.  Did not give a reason but I suspect that the cast members were sick.  We did see Elements and is is a great show. We are scheduled again on the Joy on July 1st and were looking forward to seeing Footloose.  Hopefully, it is available for that sailing.  Will be very disappointed if it is cancelled. 

We were also on Joy last year. June 26th sailing, I believe. We had both Footloose and Elements. I agree that Elements was great, although we sat too close to the stage and had stuff going on right behind us. Footloose was pretty good, not great. A little long and a little slow at times, but I'd definitely go since you missed it last time.

We're also sailing Joy again this summer. July 23rd sailing.

We have newbies going with us and I'll recommend that they go to both shows.

My wife and I might skip Footloose this time but are definitely up for seeing Elements again and we plan on sitting a little further back this time.

Joy's entertainment was actually pretty excellent last year.

Lot's of music, including the Beatles tribute shows, the 2 Broadway style productions, a magician and 2 comedians. WE WERE ENTERTAINED! Lmao!!

Thanks for the information.  We liked the magicians and comedians.  My husband does not like the Beatles, but we find entertainment in the various lounges.  Only taking this cruise because we had a serious price-drop on our cruise from last September.  NCL gave us a FCC to be used before Sept 16th.  We are in Maryland and convenient to sail out of Manhattan.

We sailed Joy in March. Footloose and Elements were both available. A new Footloose cast joined the ship the week after our sailing, if I remember correctly. I believe the plan is to keep both shows going, but I'm not a muckity muck higher up at NCL. Hope you see your shows!

2 hours ago, Katieniesen said:

Just off Joy yesterday.  No footloose.

We saw Footloose on the 12 day that ended just before you boarded.

We usually love all of the dancing/singing production shows, but couldn't sit through the whole performance of Footloose🥱  We weren't the only ones to leave.

We have enjoyed better performances at our local Junior High School.  Maybe they were missing some of the regular actors???   The dance numbers were not as good as the 10 second clip showing in the elevators.    

3 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Did they give a reason and was that the 5 day itinerary?

It was a 4 night cruise.  I overheard people saying that the same cast for Elements was the same cast for Footloose and that's why but that could be total speculation.  

3 minutes ago, Katieniesen said:

It was a 4 night cruise.  I overheard people saying that the same cast for Elements was the same cast for Footloose and that's why but that could be total speculation.  

It's possible they only do 1 theater show for such a short sailing.