Galveston Express from Hobby to cruise terminal

crewsin250

I've only used them from IAH (four times) but have only positive things to say about them. From Hobby you will be picked up from a shuttle that started at IAH so you will have to take whatever seats are left on the way down to Galveston. Coming back the shuttle will be full and will stop at Hobby on the way to IAH.  The time you booked to return is the shuttle you need to be on as they will have multiple shuttles on a busy cruise day and they will all be full. I have seen some people get upset because they wanted to board a shuttle for which they were not assigned and driver will accommodate them if possible but sometimes they need to wait for the shuttle they booked originally.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 11:42 AM, AZPam said:

Can you give me an idea of approximate cost for 2 people?  Cheaper to do it this way or book cruise transfers?

$30 per person one-way for Hobby Airport.  $35 per person one-way for Bush Airport.  $5 discount on round-trip ticket purchase for seniors (55+) and children (10 and under).

They will drop off at Galveston hotels from the airport and will pick up at Galveston hotels to return to the airport.  I took the Galveston Express shuttle from Hobby on the day before my cruise and was dropped off at my Galveston hotel.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, Timbo41 said:

Can you book a cruise line shuttle from Hobby to a hotel in Galveston the day before your cruise? We're coming in a day before we sail. TIA

On 5/2/2023 at 10:55 AM, day-day said:

They will drop off at Galveston hotels from the airport and will pick up at Galveston hotels to return to the airport.  I took the Galveston Express shuttle from Hobby on the day before my cruise and was dropped off at my Galveston hotel.

2 hours ago, Hutcha said:

Timbo41 was asking about a cruise line shuttle and not an independent operator like Galveston Express.  I don't think a cruise line shuttle will drop people off at hotels.

• 3 weeks later...

If we used the Galveston express from (HOU) and there are 8 of us, how can we make sure it will take ALL of us at the same time, as someone said there may be people already on there and we just have to take what seat is available. We don't mind being separated, but just want to make sure we are  on the SAME Galveston express.

8 hours ago, beshears said:

If we used the Galveston express from (HOU) and there are 8 of us, how can we make sure it will take ALL of us at the same time, as someone said there may be people already on there and we just have to take what seat is available. We don't mind being separated, but just want to make sure we are  on the SAME Galveston express.

If you are booked you book a particular time slot so you will have a seat reserved. It us not a very big shuttle and it will tell you how many seats are available when you book.

Not sure how far in advance you are booking but it does get booked up for popular time slots and 8 is a large group. Presumably you are flying in the day ahead in case of flight delays or disruption otherwise you will need a plan B for your transfer.

ETA I think some of the shuttle services may offer private transfer but you would need to check each provider and i don’t know how many people you need in your party.

Edited by c-leg5