Crown Princess - last refurbishment?

flyboy88

I tried searching and couldn’t find the answer so many someone else is aware. 

I know Crown Princess had a large refurbishment completed in 2018, and was in drydock in 2022.

On the Princess website there is conflicting information regarding the last actual refurbishment (not drydock) of the Crown; one area stating 2022 and the other 2018.

In the 2022 drydock, it seems they fixed the propulsion issues, and likely did some minor interior fixes.  
Anyone aware of any major interior changes that occurred which would have Princess list the most refurbishment as 2022?

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

They for sure didn't swap out the mattress's our bed was like a wok! The sofa in our mini also had seen better days. We went adrift for about an hour on way back north from Tahiti due to a broken cooling pipe breaking in the engine room, otherwise propulsion was normal. They even had to crank it up to arrive in PPT about 14hrs early for medical evacs. Regular maint was being done with an elevator out of service here and there. Didn't see any buckets for leaks. Overall ship was in good condition, and we had no complaints( but sore backs from bed 🙃.)Crew was awesome! Buffet was worse I've experienced in all our cruises. The layout and facility's on the ship were all the same as in 2016 when we last on her. Carib Cafe was never open for our 28days. 

Hi @Yehootu we were on the cruise as well.  I guess you missed the desserts that were out at lunch one day towards the end of the cruise.  They were in the Carib Cafe and, WOW!, there was such an array of cakes, pies and all sorts of other goodies.  The only way I found about it was I saw a guy with a plate piled high with all sort of good looking things and I asked. A crew member in the main area didn't know anything about it but another passenger let me know.  I didn't need dinner that night.

27 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Hi @Yehootu we were on the cruise as well.  I guess you missed the desserts that were out at lunch one day towards the end of the cruise.  They were in the Carib Cafe and, WOW!, there was such an array of cakes, pies and all sorts of other goodies.  The only way I found about it was I saw a guy with a plate piled high with all sort of good looking things and I asked. A crew member in the main area didn't know anything about it but another passenger let me know.  I didn't need dinner that night.

Guess I missed that one, but did enough Chocolate Chip cookies to hold me over till our Sept Regal cruise. What I missed from before in the Carib was the "specialty" days. Ramen, Indian, Chinese Wok, and others. Sure hope the Regal has a better buffet for our next 25days, and alot less coughing hacking clueless passengers! 

• Like 3