LIVE * Prima * April 30 – May 7, 2023 * Aft OS

HBCcruiser

Currently aboard Prima, ship is beautifully designed. So far everything has been great, it has taken a little but to get used to the layout compared to the breakaway ships we’ve been on. 

We’re in the Haven, and it’s stunning. The private elevators are helpful. Our room is nice plenty of storage and the interior design is nice. The only negative so far has been the closet doors in the middle of the night they open and close as the ship rocks. There is magnets that hold the, shut and looks like they added velcro to the door jam, but the doors are fairly heavy it can’t hold them. I will address it with the butler to see if they can do anything to stop them from opening and slamming. Haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marci0914 said:

Can you please let me know what time the ship docks in Bermuda and what time you are allowed to start disembarking?  Thank you!!!

Sure. We get there Wednesday so I’ll post info then.🥂

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Did you ever get this resolved?

Yes! Took the advice here and went to the concierge. He took care of it. So odd though. We really did go to muster and got our cards scanned. 🤷‍♀️

WARNING to Prima Haven sailors - the decks are slippery as H3LL when wet! DH and I decided to spend the afternoon in our hot tub. Ok so YES we were drinking BUT I was not by any means drunk. I had stopped about an hour prior to this incident. Anyway, I stepped onto a part of our balcony deck that was still wet and BAM! I went down. I’m ok but scraped my foot and hip. The deck was super slippery! Be careful out there. 

Damaged foot;IMG_3077.thumb.jpeg.61125ee9cb882d2e48ec58987b7f39c7.jpeg

DH lovin life!

IMG_3076.thumb.jpeg.07d572dde193c2b4c55c9eda08fb064f.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, NEcruiser7515 said:

Currently aboard Prima, ship is beautifully designed. So far everything has been great, it has taken a little but to get used to the layout compared to the breakaway ships we’ve been on. 

We’re in the Haven, and it’s stunning. The private elevators are helpful. Our room is nice plenty of storage and the interior design is nice. The only negative so far has been the closet doors in the middle of the night they open and close as the ship rocks. There is magnets that hold the, shut and looks like they added velcro to the door jam, but the doors are fairly heavy it can’t hold them. I will address it with the butler to see if they can do anything to stop them from opening and slamming. Haha. 

Do you have the doors like we have that slide open and closed? How do they move at night? Are they broken?

IMG_3081.thumb.jpeg.8a9bbc1978c882435f6482cd73d9f41b.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ashkay16 said:

Are most of them within the $15 limit or do you recommend upgrading the drink package?

I’d upgrade to the higher end alcohol. I have no idea how much these are. Rommel just made them for us. I do know that he used premium vodka infused with vanilla and premium rum and tequilas. Up to you. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes! Took the advice here and went to the concierge. He took care of it. So odd though. We really did go to muster and got our cards scanned. 🤷‍♀️

Not really.  Wheen a lot of people are trying to scan, one card does not completely cleared before the next one is scanned.  Happens all the time, especially checking on to the ship coming back from an excursion.

• Like 1

If you have time, can you snap a picture of the spa offerings? I want to use some of my OBC to treat my sister one day, just not sure if it's better to get a day pass and sit in the thermal areas or if she would want a massage/facial/something or other.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you have time, can you snap a picture of the spa offerings? I want to use some of my OBC to treat my sister one day, just not sure if it's better to get a day pass and sit in the thermal areas or if she would want a massage/facial/something or other.

Sure I’ll check tonight or tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Dinner last night at Onda was very good. I had the burrata which was excellent and the filet which was cooked perfectly. 10/10 forks. 

IMG_3016.thumb.jpeg.fc6d931bb2b2a018cbabe6dd5a95cf72.jpeg

IMG_3015.thumb.jpeg.f0acfa9c79713c36ca21682f14ff54d1.jpeg

IMG_3018.thumb.jpeg.c2f1a09366e488b845e058ddb5f3fb6b.jpeg

IMG_3020.thumb.jpeg.a107ed98844f0849faa3d6b1060a14ad.jpeg

IMG_3021.thumb.jpeg.c02ef0c470be2ee4559b47272286af99.jpeg

Oh God, we both LOVED our dinner at Onda. I had the buretta too. Yum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

@Sailing12Away A few other things about this suite:

- The walls in the bedroom creek. Bring earplugs or headphones. It gets loud as the seas get rough.

- There are no shelves in the shower.
- There are very few storage areas in the bathroom or suite 

- There are no tissues in the bathroom

- There are very few towel racks 

- The bed and the sofa bed are comfortable.

- The TV pulls out from the wall which is nice.

- The room could use more storage and hooks

- The closets are not large. I’m using the one in the hallway and DH is using the one in the bedroom.

The ship is beautiful. We love the decor. The Haven is top notch!

I’ll keep you updated as we explore and learn more. 😀

In general (meaning it is the same in the 2 BR): Agree on the comfy bed and the lack of storage and hooks.

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I had the cheap stuff in a ice bucket on my Breakaway cruise last March.

It's still there.

Yeah our cheap "free" champagne (or whatever it was{" was left in our room. I wanted to give it to our room steward or butler but the butler (who was nice, kind, and rather strait-laced) said they are not allowed to take it. A couple cruises ago, my room steward was happy to though! lol 

4 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

👋No cruise wine has ever been too cheap for me to drink! I'll take it!

In general I would agree, but we had so much else to drink, we just never drank ours. The "good" stuff was "free" after all...we were told to just leave it there for the next guests. Wonder how many guests before us left it there, ha ha.

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I can't believe that they think a crappy bottle of prosecco is anything close to real champagne... I'd chuck it straight overboard! (***I most definitely would never litter from a cruise ship, or anywhere else for that matter, but, I do think you got jipped)

Couldn’t agree more!!!!!  Sparkling wine is NOT champagne nor is Prosecco. Ugh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

WARNING to Prima Haven sailors - the decks are slippery as H3LL when wet! DH and I decided to spend the afternoon in our hot tub. Ok so YES we were drinking BUT I was not by any means drunk. I had stopped about an hour prior to this incident. Anyway, I stepped onto a part of our balcony deck that was still wet and BAM! I went down. I’m ok but scraped my foot and hip. The deck was super slippery! Be careful out there. 

Damaged foot;IMG_3077.thumb.jpeg.61125ee9cb882d2e48ec58987b7f39c7.jpeg

DH lovin life!

IMG_3076.thumb.jpeg.07d572dde193c2b4c55c9eda08fb064f.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

Ouch, 

Hope you are ok, sad that this happened to you

so early on your trip.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 6:08 PM, KmomChicago said:

Whelp enjoy living like they do on the other side in that case. 

I have been in a couple of much smaller suites on a couple of my cruises (Grand Suite on Carnival Legend, Junior Suite on Adventure of the Seas) but never in a multi-room suite, never a ship-within-a-ship experience, and literally for every single cruise my first instinct still is to figure out how cheap I can get an interior room.  

Which is why CC trip reviews are so important to me, so I can stow away for exactly the fare I like to pay best!  Having fun tagging along so far, thank you!

Funny...years ago on "Carnival Legend" we got a 2 room aft balcony for almost the same price as a regular balcony. It was a huge wrap around balcony that you could have a party on. I couldn't believe it. It had 2 rooms and a jacuzzi tub. We loved it. I am betting that cabin sells for a lot more than we can afford now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NEcruiser7515 said:

All the reason why I always being "duck tape"....it solves many problems. I'm never without it. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1