Which Viking ship for Danube cruise in May or June 2024?

puppymama1

We have done two Viking ocean cruises and are going on our first river cruise next week - Paris to Normandy.  We want to book a Danube cruise for 2024 - either May or June, hoping water levels and weather will be good at that time of year.  There are 8 different ships to choose from on various dates during those 2 months... Just wondering if one might be better than the others?  I know they are all very similar, if not identical... just trying to narrow down our choices.... The ships we can choose from are Gullveig, Atla, Var, Egil, Jarl, Tor, Idi and Alsvin.  If anyone has recently sailed on one of those, please share your opinions and experience.... thanks!

We were on the Var for a Danube cruise... I loved the Danube - I hope you enjoy it too.  Lots of locks to go through on the Danube which was fun, I thought.      I agree do not book based on the boat, they are all the same.   We did have an unrelated issue with Viking... We booked our cabin early, the first reservation on the boat.    A few months later our TA called and said thatViking had sold every other cabin to a group, so we would be the only people not part of that group.    That didn't sound fun to me, so we had to change to another date / boat.    I thought it was not handled well by Viking, although I am glad they at least told us.