Mediterranean Ports?

GameBuoy

We're going on our first RSSC this fall (departing Oct 8th, 2023) aboard the Splendor.

I'm looking to plan a few private shore excursions and was wondering if anyone knew what, exact ports will be used for each stop so I can tell the tour company where to meet us?  I know there's a few different docks at some of the locations so would like to know which one the Splendor will be using on this cruise.

Specifically, Monaco, Tuscany, Naples, Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia), Koper (Slovenia), and Venice.

Thanks much!

We just completed a cruise that went to many of the ports you mention.  

It seems like the ships may not always dock at the same spot each time, and sometimes is not established until closer to the date of the visit.

When we have had private tour companies, closer to the date, the tour guide could get the docking site and gave info on where to meet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GameBuoy said:

We're going on our first RSSC this fall (departing Oct 8th, 2023) aboard the Splendor.

I'm looking to plan a few private shore excursions and was wondering if anyone knew what, exact ports will be used for each stop so I can tell the tour company where to meet us?  I know there's a few different docks at some of the locations so would like to know which one the Splendor will be using on this cruise.

Specifically, Monaco, Tuscany, Naples, Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia), Koper (Slovenia), and Venice.

Thanks much!

The two websites mentioned--CruiseMapper and WhatsInPort--will give you basic information on the ports as well as how many other ships are scheduled to be in port the same day as yours.  (For example, three other ships are scheduled to be in Venice the same day as Splendor according to CruiseMapper--although I've found its information to be less accurate than pre-pandemic.)  They do not, however, tell you which specific dock a ship will be using in port.

As @RELSmentioned, the best and most-accurate source of information on docking locations is the authority for the individual ports.  For example, ships calling at Venice now sail into and out of Fusina port.  We received this information from Regent as we'll be sailing out the day you disembark:  "Situated approximately 12 miles/20 kilometers from Venice center, Fusina allows for more-convenient exploration of the City of Canals.  While the ship is sailing from Fusina, all check-in procedures will take place at the Venice Cruise Terminal located in the city of Venice.  Here, all guests must check their luggage and go through the routine check-in procedures.  You will then be transported to the ship in Fusina port which is situated on the western shore of the Venetian Lagoon (an approximately 30 minutes’ drive)."  Regent should have provided you with similar disembarkation information.

The sailing schedule for this port may be found here:  https://venezia.ilogis.it/riepiloghi/pages/riepilogoNavi/layout_riepilogoNavi.zul;jsessionid=FCB3E3FF00197775D05D6AA3DD1B74CB.  It only lists a few days out, however.  Fusina is relatively new at hosting cruise ships so does not have its own cruise ship schedule page on its website (https://www.terminalfusina.it/en) that I could find.  

• Like 1

It's not really something to be concerned about.  Your tour provider will know where to meet the ship.

We have booked many private tours in the Med and around Europe and have never needed to coordinate port schedules.

We used to book private tours often in many parts of the world. I know that a lot of tour operators had to find different work with C and never returned. I am having a more difficult time finding them now. Even the ports of call section on CC is expressing the same. Any ideas on different avenues for locating  private tours now in various ports?  

Well this is my first cruise to the Med so keep that in mind…

o have found Tripadvisor and Viator to be great resources. Search for locale on TripAdvisor and then you can select private tours as a filter and go from there.

Good luck…

3 hours ago, GameBuoy said:

Well this is my first cruise to the Med so keep that in mind…

o have found Tripadvisor and Viator to be great resources. Search for locale on TripAdvisor and then you can select private tours as a filter and go from there.

Good luck…

Keep in mind that unless these tours are truly private(as in a car or small van for 2-6), they will be similar to the tours Regent is offering. Viator especially. Also look into the private car services (like the ones that offer airport/hotel transfers)and just hire the car and driver for a set number of hours and plan your own tour. That has work well for us in Europe, India snd Japan.