How to smuggle our 16 y/o on board if she's not in her parents' stateroom?

We are traveling with our daughters, 24, 21, and sixteen.  They have a stateroom separate from us.  Our reservations are conjoined, but NCL keeps sending our oldest daughter emails saying she must have "written parental consent" to travel with a minor.  We'll have her birth certificate with us.  I promise we're her parents.  As evidence, we stuck her with her sisters and snagged a separate stateroom for ourselves.  

What else do we need to do?  How does this work?

**Edited to add:  I could ask NCL, but experience has taught me that y'all give more clear and accurate answers than they do....and FASTER.

Edited by Momto3girlsintheCarolinas

We traveled as a family group and my grand daughters stayed in our cabin with their parents in a different one. They had to fill out a parental consent form. I was told various things but the one that made the most sense is that in the event of an emergency the two groups might be in different life boats and they needed someone legally responsible for the minor. It really is no big deal. Just present it at check in.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Easiest way is put the 16 year old in your room, and then ask for another key for the room she is staying in. 

From experience (we used to do this) keep in mind only her original key card will have charging capabilities and she will need it to get on and off the ship. The second one for the other room would only be able to access that door. And then...Keep this in mind...her original card (which she will need for all the above mentioned reasons) will still open your door... so make sure youre aware of what she could walk in on!! (Again, speaking from experience!! My daughter was 15 and was mortified :D)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, redmomof4 said:

From experience (we used to do this) keep in mind only her original key card will have charging capabilities and she will need it to get on and off the ship. The second one for the other room would only be able to access that door. And then...Keep this in mind...her original card (which she will need for all the above mentioned reasons) will still open your door... so make sure youre aware of what she could walk in on!! (Again, speaking from experience!! My daughter was 15 and was mortified :D)

LOL that is funny! We sailed with our daughter and her friend (16 and 17) on the Joy in the Haven Aft Suite, needless to say they learned to knock on the Bedroom door very quick lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

We are traveling with our daughters, 24, 21, and sixteen.  They have a stateroom separate from us.  Our reservations are conjoined,

Does your use of the word "conjoined" mean that your cabins have different reservation numbers? Is the location of their cabin next door or across the hall or is located farther away than NCL location rules concerning minors in their own cabin?

If so, that is probably the reason why NCL is requesting the written parental consent for your youngest daughter. Your oldest daughter has become the guardian of the minor in her cabin in the eyes of NCL.

She may also find that she is also now responsible for the youngest's shore privileges and will not be allowed to leave the ship without her.

You really do need to speak to NCL about this.

• Thanks 1