Roll call "meet &greet" informal and Viking hosted

Azulann

Regarding the email address for a ship, based on the Viking Venus email (ove_info@vikingcruises.com) I would suggest building an Ocean ship email address on the same pattern:

• the letter 'o' (for ocean?)
  • the first two letters of the ship name  ('st' in my case)
  • finish with '_info@vikingcruises.com'

I did that to contact the Viking Star and it worked

Europe river ship email for Viking Ve was viking.ve@vikingcruises.com and I think that would follow a similar pattern as the Ocean ships.

These addresses are in my "Your Journey Summary" of my EDOC document.

Good luck
WWT?

Edited by What was that?
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, What was that? said:

Europe river ship email for Viking Ve was viking.ve@vikingcruises.com and I think that would follow a similar pattern as the Ocean ships.

It is unclear what you are guessing the pattern is for river ship e-mail addresses. Is it the first two letters of the ship name, the full name of the ship or somewhere in between?

If it is two letters, please consider the names of these few longships:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

It is unclear what you are guessing the pattern is for river ship e-mail addresses. Is it the first two letters of the ship name, the full name of the ship or somewhere in between?

Of course you are right. I should have pointed out that Ocean and River ships have distinctly different methods of forming the email addresses. Whereas the Ocean ships only seem to use only the first two letters of the name:

ove_info@vikingcruises.com for viking Venus,

the more numerous river ships use the entire name:

viking.ve@vikingcruises.com for Viking Ve.

And I apologize for picking confusing examples. I should have used (Ocean) Viking Sky and (River) Viking Hermod:

osk_info@vikingcruises.com for Viking Sky,

viking.hermod@vikingcruises.com for Viking Hermod,

or any others that did not start the same.

In my defense, I have sailed on the Venus and the Ve and I still have the documents for them so this is more or less straight from Viking.

And thanks for calling this to my attention - it never occurred to me that people would find it confusing.

Cheers,
WWT?

• Like 2

With CC M&M PAUSED for Viking Ocean (Expedition) I was able to locate ship email on our final docs and received response that they'd host our M&M on July 22nd Polaris 15-day Duluth to Toronto.

I'm in the process obtaining guest names and room numbers to send to the Guest Services Manager in order to have invitations place in their suites on embarkation day.

We also have unofficial M&M days and locations set as fallback for those not wanting to email me their information.

20 days to go!

Looking forward to our 8th Viking adventure on this new Expedition ship. 🙂 

Lots of toys with two sub rides scheduled.

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

VPduluth62404.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bcorre2 said:

With CC M&M PAUSED for Viking Ocean (Expedition) I was able to locate ship email on our final docs and received response that they'd host our M&M on July 22nd Polaris 15-day Duluth to Toronto.

I'm in the process obtaining guest names and room numbers to send to the Guest Services Manager in order to have invitations place in their suites on embarkation day.

We also have unofficial M&M days and locations set as fallback for those not wanting to email me their information.

20 days to go!

Looking forward to our 8th Viking adventure on this new Expedition ship. 🙂 

Lots of toys with two sub rides scheduled.

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

VPduluth62404.jpg

Hope you are  staying in Duluth pre cruise. It is a great harbor town on beautiful Lake Superior. One of my favorite places in MN and the beginning of the North Shore area.

We just got off Jupiter and yes the  Viking arranged M&M was  great. Senior officers, and those from our roll cal with cocktails and appetizers. It is great to meet in person the folks  on your roll call at this gathering.  

I hope you stop by and  give a report of your Great Lake expedition.

I have this on my bucket list 

I've been able to get 15 guests signed up for our Viking Polaris July 22nd Duluth to Toronto hosted M&M with another 10 in the que. I send them to the Guest Services Mgr., and he issues invitations to their suites on day of embarkation. Works smooth.

18 days until we embark on this beautiful new Viking Expedition ship. 

2023_Great_Lakes_Collection_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcorre2 said:

I've been able to get 15 guests signed up for our Viking Polaris July 22nd Duluth to Toronto hosted M&M with another 10 in the que. I send them to the Guest Services Mgr., and he issues invitations to their suites on day of embarkation. Works smooth.

18 days until we embark on this beautiful new Viking Expedition ship. 

2023_Great_Lakes_Collection_.jpg

That  is fabulous. They will  have a lovely meet and mingle with cocktails and appetizers. We even had the guitar player play music for us. It was so nice to get to meet the senior staff  in the setting and later see them on the ship. it lasted about  40 minutes  which was just right at 5;30 pm on our cruise.

I know you will have a  great expedition sailing on the

Great Lakes.  I am so envious. 🥰

Please stop by and update us on your cruise.

Cheers to you🥂

Patti

• Like 1