Izumi - sushi while others are eating hibachi

Hi all!

I did some searching and didn't see this answered anywhere, so I'll ask.

My family will be sailing on the Independence of the seas next January. I was looking at dining options and saw the Uzumi hibachi place that also serves sushi offerings.

Some of my family is interested in the Hibachi meal, so we'd probably make reservations for an evening. I, however, am not terribly interested in the Hibachi meal itself, and would probably eat sushi while sitting with my family.

My question is: If I make reservations for the Izumi hibachi for my family of 7, would certain members of my family be able to eat hibachi while I eat sushi, while we're all sitting at the same grill/table, and I just pay for the sushi that I eat, or would I be charged the full price for a hibachi meal and then the sushi on top of that?

Mine says seating for 8. So they will charge for hibachi. I have read if you want sushi the seating is separate. .. I'd agree if you book one of the 8 hibachi seats around the grill you will be charged no matter if you choose to eat it or not. There wouldnt be free open seats to just watch him cook and do his little show.

Sushi is separate and would be added.

• Like 2

I would expect to be charged the full amount.  You can always book in advance and see what they say on board. If they charge the full amount you could always cancel your part of the meal booking and dine solo that night.