Club balcony suite laundry benefit

cwtravel

Hello- The wife and I are on the Jade out of Athens in a couple of weeks and we are booked in a Club Balcony Suite. Can someone tell me what the laundry perk is? Is it a bag of laundry per person, a bag for the cabin or what? We are gone for almost 3 weeks with pre cruise in Athens and post cruise in Italy and want to keep our packing/luggage to a minimum. Laundry mid trip would certainly help.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, cwtravel said:

Hello- The wife and I are on the Jade out of Athens in a couple of weeks and we are booked in a Club Balcony Suite. Can someone tell me what the laundry perk is? Is it a bag of laundry per person, a bag for the cabin or what? We are gone for almost 3 weeks with pre cruise in Athens and post cruise in Italy and want to keep our packing/luggage to a minimum. Laundry mid trip would certainly help.

Thanks!

You'll get one free bag per cabin. Don't know if they will extend that to three bags for three weeks.

Have never done more than a nine day, so not sure.

The laundry bags are very small, as you probably know. We bring a small bathroom size trash bag

(3 gallon?) to put inside the bag to reinforce it. Then roll each each piece of clothing to get more into the bag.

Don't know what your latitudes status is, but a Platinum level you would each receive an additional free bag. Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We only send clothes that can be washed & tumble dried to the laundry, such as underwear, socks, jerseys, and PJs.  Roll them up tiny, so you can fit them into the bag.  Fill out the Laundry slip.  Inserting the 3 gal. plastic bag into their paper bag is a great idea.  We'll try that on our next cruise.

I live in California and a "re-usable" plastic bags that are 10 cents here fit nicely inside the NCL laundry bag to reinforce it.

Laundry was a concern for me last summer when we (family of three) were on the Dawn.  Despite my best efforts, I'm not the neatest, and we travel carry on only.  Our trip was 10 days, not as long as yours, but long enough that I wanted to be able re-wear clothing, and for me, that means laundry.  

What ended up working best was little packets of laundry detergent meant for the sink.  They're small enough that i can pack several in a carry-on liquids bag.  I also packed for us mostly clothing that was quick dry.  A couple times during our trip I did laundry in the sink, underwear, tee-shirts, and a pair of nylon-ish hiking pants.

My first priority for the NCL laundry bag was the pants that weren't quick-dry hiking pants: jeans and sweats.  I think we got like three pairs of tightly rolled pants in that bag and a couple tees for each member of the family. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much fit, after worrying about it.  I mean it didn't handle a weeks worth of laundry for 3 people, not even close.  But it was plenty. 

BTW, the laundry comes back in a nicely folded stack, not creamed in the bag like it left. 😁

• Like 1

We have managed to get so much in that bag that it came back in 2 baskets 🙂

Got us through a 7 night in Greece and about 3 days of our 3 weeks in Italy (thank you lavanderia!), and we did carry on only 👍

Don't forget to pick off the laundry tags...they itch like crazy!

Edited by Brian V

4 hours ago, Brian V said:

they itch like crazy!

That's for sure.

I have 2 7-day cruises B2B out of Athen this summer, in a Club Balcony Suite.  My wife and I just reached sapphire.  We should get 6 free bags total:

1/cruise for the Club Balcony

1/person/cruise for the status

This will allow very light packing.