Diamond brunch

wwwcruisers

14 minutes ago, wwwcruisers said:

Does anyone know, on a 5-day cruise with 3 ports of call, what day do they have the diamond brunch?

I don't think they "set" a specific schedule.  In my experience it is random and all over the place.  It is kind of "when they can fit it in."  I think a lot depends on how many there are, etc.

PS:  I am assuming you mean the diamond "party,"  there really isn't a brunch.  Just a few small bites that are passed and drinks.

Edited by wemjam

It's a "special invitation from the Captain", and depends on how many Diamonds are on the cruise. These days it is often a brunch and typically early in the cruise on a sea day. Occasionally it is nothing.

Not that long ago they did change the menu

340653586_781975710063850_23617975642285

32 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It's a "special invitation from the Captain", and depends on how many Diamonds are on the cruise. These days it is often a brunch and typically early in the cruise on a sea day. Occasionally it is nothing.

We enjoyed the new menu on the Celebration last week. I understand that they are going to change up the menu every three months or so. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Oh my, I stand corrected.  The brunch is a new on on me for sure.  January was our last cruise and it was just bites and drinks

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Oh my, I stand corrected.  The brunch is a new on on me for sure.  January was our last cruise and it was just bites and drinks

It could be. Depends on how many Diamonds and what the powers that be choose.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wemjam said:

I don't think they "set" a specific schedule.  In my experience it is random and all over the place.  It is kind of "when they can fit it in."  I think a lot depends on how many there are, etc.

PS:  I am assuming you mean the diamond "party,"  there really isn't a brunch.  Just a few small bites that are passed and drinks.

Actually it is a brunch, my husband always gets the flat iron steak.

We just recently had the new menu.  It was at 11am, and what I would consider an early lunch rather than a brunch.  It definitely was the best crab cake that I've ever had on a ship!  The pasta was also outstanding, and the new dessert selection made me very happy because I'm not a chocolate person.

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

Know that now, wasn't when I cruised in January... read above posts 😄  I think this is new in last couple months.

I am curious is the brunch on all ships now for Diamond?  Or is it a mixed bag?  When did everyone start seeing it (like I said our January cruise it wasn't brunch)

Maybe they just do this on larger ships or based on the number of Diamonds on board?

I know we usually sail the Medium to Smaller ships for the most part (Horizon is biggest we have sailed) and sometimes there is like maybe 10 people (has even been less) that show up for the Diamond Party.  

Doesn't seem cost effective to do a lunch for so few.

Also, is it still open bar with brunch?

4 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Depends on the Hotel Director and ship.  The Splendor last August was drinks only in the comedy room with a few officers, CD and Hotel Director.  Was less than 10 people there and one waiter.  On the Mardi and Spirit, there was a very nice lunch with a free flowing open bar, both very well attended.  

4 hours ago, dbrucern said:

It can be a brunch, lunch, just cocktails, whatever. No flat iron these days.

In the good old days it could be a bridge tour or even coffee on the bridge.

Lunch in the Steakhouse from 2014

DSC_3224_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3227_Zyde.jpgDSC_3229_Zyde.jpgDSC_3234_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3238_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3243_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3245_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3248_Zyde.jpg

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 1

DH and I just got off the Freedom yesterday and we had a nice Captain's Diamond cocktail party with officers. There were about 25 of us there. Great food and great drinks to order. It lasted about 45 minutes. We had the same event on a 6-day Spirit last December. The only time we have had a Diamond lunch was on the Magic a few years ago and it was fabulous.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:20 AM, wemjam said:

Know that now, wasn't when I cruised in January... read above posts 😄  I think this is new in last couple months.

It was a very lovely brunch in January on the Miracle. I think it must depend on the ship and number of Diamond guests.

• Like 2

Can’t wait.I will be Diamond on my next cruise.  A three night cruise on the Liberty at the end of June.  Then hubby will be Diamond as well on our Pride cruise to Iceland. Since that is a 12 night cruise, I bet half the ship will be Diamond.