St. John Trunk Bay Beach Break - cancelled - Wonder

Just got an email.  We dock at 1pm.  Apparently too late.

Recently, the operator for your St. John Trunk Bay Beach Break tour in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas has advised us that they cannot operate the tour due to an earlier closure of the facilities in Trunk Bay.

As a result, we have to cancel your Cruise Planner reservation for this excursion. 

I was on the Celebrity Reflection returning last Sunday.  A number of excursions for the St Thomas stop were cancelled about a week ahead of time including all that went to St John.  We were told that the tour operator (for St John I am assuming it is the ferry that leaves from the cruise terminal and goes to St John) had equipment issues.  We had booked a small group catamaran trip to St John that was also cancelled and this one didn't use the ferry.  So who knows? As soon as all of those excursions were cancelled most others were sold out the same day since everyone had to find something else to do.

Anyway, we purchased the day trip to Secret Sands beach (aka Lindqvist Beach) and it was a great day.  They took you over to the beach which was a natural beach with beautiful clean sand, no rocks, no seaweed, plenty of pretty fish.  There was a chair for everyone, unlimited sodas, water, beer, and rum punch.  We had 2.5 hrs of beach time.  I would definitely book this again.