Changing menus?

dbali

As I recall the rotation was about 14 days  maybe a little less. The menus were not changed out completely but things were mixed up some so the menu didn’t look the same ever second Tues. There were special dishes and regional deck buffets that were fun.

1 minute ago, mrlevin said:

The rotation is actually 28 days.  Problem is that they usually start at day 1 at start of segment. Sometimes they realize they should start farther down the menu.  

What do you mean "start farther down the menu"?

2 hours ago, dbali said:

Thanks, CWN.  We will look forward to the regional deck buffets.  Now the real question is, can we go for months without eating real Tex-Mex!  Haha!

No joke! That is the first place we stop as we head into town….after a Grand or WC we are d raving good TexMex. The Mexican buffets made by Asian cooks are a source of amusement rather than taste.

• Like 3

On this year’s WC, Regent is actually doing a great job on mixing things up in Compass Rose. There have been many destination dishes, and we have had a number of guest chefs come in and add different menu items. 

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

On this year’s WC, Regent is actually doing a great job on mixing things up in Compass Rose. There have been many destination dishes, and we have had a number of guest chefs come in and add different menu items. 

That is great to hear!

8 hours ago, cwn said:

No joke! That is the first place we stop as we head into town….after a Grand or WC we are d raving good TexMex. The Mexican buffets made by Asian cooks are a source of amusement rather than taste.

Same here about first stop after a Regent cruise. However, we’ve often overheard others saying they like the Tex Mex buffet 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ILoveMyDogs said:

Same here about first stop after a Regent cruise. However, we’ve often overheard others saying they like the Tex Mex buffet 😂

They are probably from nowhere near the southwest.😜

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, tnr said:

They are probably from nowhere near the southwest.😜

You got that right!

First time I saw cruise ship tamales I thought they were short corn dogs with no sticks (years ago on NCL). 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In the two cruises we did on the Splendor in Dec there was no change in the menu.  The chartreuse restaurant manager said the menu was fixed. We enjoyed several items on that menu so ate there a number of times. 

If it is like Prime 7 and Sette Mare have been over the years there has been little change in those menus from year to year…..just some up dating based on what is currently available and maybe a slightly different preparation or maybe a special.

Are you worried that you will get tired of the food? We really have not on the WC and Grand Voyages on the Mariner and the Navigator. Compass Rose has so many options, the nightly specials, the always available mix and match, plus we would order a family favorite ahead of time off and on. Then you have the 2/3 other restaurants plus room service to mix it up.

We also try to eat lunch or dinner, if in port late, off the ship. It’s culturally fun and mixes things up even more.

I have to say, I was on the ship for 32 days and found the menus boring after 20 days.  We also ate dinner off the ship when we in port overnight.  Normally that was fish,  such as a wonderful deep fried whole fish for two,  another whole fish for two covered in curry sauce and a seafood tower that had the local seafood, which was MiA on the ship, big disappointment.  

I found the Compass Rose menu on our Voyager TA cruise to be generally quite good. There was almost always a change on the new daily menu that I liked. If not defaulted to an always available favourite for supper.

Now, when it was tex mex day at the pool grill, that was a day we had lunch in CR lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1